Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Disconnects for a split second every 5 - 10 minutes.

hobbnet
Tutor

Orbi Disconnects for a split second every 5 - 10 minutes.

I've seen a lot of different complaints about this issue but I haven't seen any fixes.  My firmware is up to date and I've done a factory reset.

I called netgear support last night and the rep I spoke with had me change the channel on 2.4ghz and had me check the boxes next to:

- Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices

- Enable MU-MIMO

But I'm still having these issues today.

I spent $500 on this system.  What is going on?  How is this still an issue considering I've seen people complaining about it as far back as January?  How do I fix this?  I'll be returning the system this weekend if I can't get it fixed.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Disconnects for a split second every 5 - 10 minutes.

Hello hobbnet

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5

Hi, I'm interested in this topic too.

Message 3 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@hobbnetHow are you detecting these split-second disconnects?  What impact do they have on your devices or applications?

Message 4 of 5

I know the question is directed to the original author, but it messes with my work laptop (gov't issue) VPN, and it slows the ability for page loading on smartphones. Occasionally, the smartphone just hangs in mid-progress bar. Not technical enough to know for sure, but I assumed the handoff from wifi connection to data and back again can stall the page loading.

Kinda frustrating.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7