Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi DoS Attack

cmshinkle
Aspirant

Orbi DoS Attack

Hello, 

I'm having issues with my network.  It can get really slow and, at times, I'm unable to even connect.  I'll reboot the router just so that I an login to the admin portal.  When I check the logs I will see: DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.32... 

It appears there's some sort of DoS Attack being launched from inside my network?  The 10.0.0.xx is an internal IP address.  I don't know if the log is legit or if it's a problem with the router itself?  When i switch everything back over the my ATT router, things seem to work fine.  I'm not sure what to do or exactly how to trouble shoot.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

I'm running firmware version 2.1.4.16. 

Thanks in advance.

--Chris

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
cmshinkle
Aspirant

Re: Orbi DoS Attack

I'm also starting to see some "[DoS Attack: IP Spoofing]" show up in the logs?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 3 of 5
cmshinkle
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Are those listed in order of preference?  Can you help me understand the pros and cons between the three options?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, there in order of preference. 

Since your modem already has a router, the Orbi has a router too. Orbi would be the preferred router to use. 

If the modem can't be bridged, then the use of the DMZ can help so you can use the Orbi in router mode. 

If the modem needs to be used as a router, then the Orbi can be used in AP mode with out it's router being used. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7