Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi is garbage

Deez72
Tutor

Orbi Dropped connections

Orbi system is pure garbage and a waste of 400 dollars. Constant lose of internet, terrible WiFi speeds, dropped connections , the list goes on. I have even called support and the only option was to change my WiFi channels. The product is half baked, and customers should get their money back. Don’t buy this product.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 8
kolosok17
Guide

Agreed. I keep getting constant drops on anything connected to my satellite. Pinging the router from my desktop that's wired into the satellite has 1% packet loss (attached)!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 8
PyroDog
Apprentice

wrote:

Agreed. I keep getting constant drops on anything connected to my satellite. Pinging the router from my desktop that's wired into the satellite has 1% packet loss (attached)!

I had the exact same problem as you do. Reverting back to firmware V2.0.0.74 fixed it in my case.

Message 3 of 8
tsig
Luminary

Ok.  Good luck with whatever you change to.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

mine has been working ok since November.  several auto firmware updates ( i don't do beta). simple router to sats setup and dozens of devices. 

Message 5 of 8
martyfp
Luminary

mine works brilliantly.   hope you find something that works for you.

Message 6 of 8
webminster
Luminary

Reverting firmware can help.   Keeping it there is a big problem.   After following the unofficial process to try to disable auto-updates, I keep getting upgraded anyway.

Message 7 of 8
PyroDog
Apprentice

wrote:

Reverting firmware can help.   Keeping it there is a big problem.   After following the unofficial process to try to disable auto-updates, I keep getting upgraded anyway.

I was on the same boat as you. I had to block all the internet access from the Orbi units without affecting the devices conected through them using my firewall.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7