Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Dropping Internet after Firmware Upgrade; Won't Let Me Use Previous Firmware Version

DrChainsaw
Initiate

Orbi Dropping Internet after Firmware Upgrade; Won't Let Me Use Previous Firmware Version

My Orbi suddenly started dropping the internet multiple times a day recently, after about 3 months of uneventful use (right when my free support ran out).

It seemed to be about the same time a new firmware version came out (which I guess auto-installed) V1.8.0.6.  

So, I decided to manual install the previous version of firmware.  The install seemed to go OK, but then it automatically re-installed the latest version in a few seconds.

My question is: is there a way to stop the auto-update of the firmware, so I can see if reverting to the previous version helps with my problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Dropping Internet after Firmware Upgrade; Won't Let Me Use Previous Firmware Version

Hello Dr Chainsaw

Are you seeing anything in the logs of the Orbi or your modem when these drops are happening?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
DrChainsaw
Initiate

Re: Orbi Dropping Internet after Firmware Upgrade; Won't Let Me Use Previous Firmware Version

Of course, it's been behaving pretty well since I've posted.  Man Frustrated

Looking at the logs over the past 18 hours or so, I've got 9 pages of DoS attacks and not much else.  From reading other posts, I get the impression this is not unusual

In the same time period, the internet connected (so I am assuming disconnected before that) twice, exactly 12 hours apart.  Not sure what to make of that.

The few lines in the logs that do not involve DoS attacks or internet connecting are assignment of IP to my various devices.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello DrChainsaw

Have you checked if these Dos attacks are coming from a outside source or is it from a device on the network?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7