Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Dual Band - Whole Home WiFi for the Budget Conscious Household

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Orbi Dual Band - Whole Home WiFi for the Budget Conscious Household

RBK12 Orbi Dual Band Light Wood Desk w_Laptop.jpg

Better WiFi. Everywhere…for everyone! The newest addition to the Orbi family, Orbi RBK12, brings whole home WiFi to the budget conscious household. As a dual band mesh WiFi system this feature-packed Orbi doesn’t lack in performance. As part of the Orbi family, you’ll get the same great, reliable Orbi coverage of up to 3,000 sq. ft., eliminating WiFi dead zones in your home and giving you the freedom to roam around with worry-free WiFi. Compatible will all Internet Service Providers, the Orbi RBK12 is recommended for homes with over 50Mbps Internet plans, while supporting super-fast WiFi speeds of up to 1.2Gbps, keeping up with your family’s streaming, gaming and surfing needs.

The Orbi RBK12 provides easy set-up through the Orbi App and allows you to manage your network and its connected devices at home or away, right at your fingertips. Additionally, you can help keep your home safe from Internet threats with best-in-class anti-virus protection of NETGEAR Armor. With Circle on NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls, you can easily manage content and screen time on any device, giving you peace of mind.  

To learn more about the Orbi RBK12 Dual Band WiFi System, please CLICK HERE.

Message 1 of 10
balkonhotel
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Dual Band - Whole Home WiFi for the Budget Conscious Household

Super fast WiFi speeds of up to 1.2Gbps? Wow what if you have speed like that. Amazing

Message 2 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Love the humor.  AC1200 being the "lowest" commonly available dual band WiFi capacity.  Just personally, I find it annoying that the industry has deviced that adding together the maximum possible bandwidth on every radio has any meaning.

Message 3 of 10
speechservice
Aspirant

Orbi RBK12, brings whole home WiFi to the budget conscious household.This is the better wifi. speech writing services for college stufdents

Message 4 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@CrimpOn wrote:

......AC1200 being the "lowest" commonly available dual band WiFi capacity.  .....

Please note that Google Wifi is just AC1200.

Message 5 of 10
paulhardman
Initiate

Is it possible to add the Dual Band satellites (RBS10, presumably) to an RBK50V system?

Message 6 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@paulhardman wrote:

Is it possible to add the Dual Band satellites (RBS10, presumably) to an RBK50V system?

Yes, all Orbi Satellite models (RBS10, RBS20, RBW30, RBS40, RBS50 and RBS40V) should be possible to add to the RBR50 Router in the RBK50V.

Message 7 of 10
Vcoates_59
Aspirant

I bought this system because I only wanted WiFi. Do I have to have Internet to use this system
Message 8 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Vcoates_59, welcome to the community! Are you looking to setup a local network only and don't need Internet?

Dexter

Message 9 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@Vcoates_59 wrote:
I bought this system because I only wanted WiFi. Do I have to have Internet to use this system

You absolutely do NOT need internet to set up an Orbi WiFi network.  While many of us question, "what's the point?", this question was posed several months ago by someone who was going to set up a network as part of a relief organization overseas.  The servers would be local and medical personnel would use WiFi devices in the compound.  No internet connection was possible, or even desired.

So, "Yes, you can."

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7