Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Facetime lag issue

AUnet
Tutor

Orbi Facetime lag issue

I'm having issue while using Facetime on Orbi RBR50 wifi. It's reconnecting every 10-20 seconds.  When I switch over to cell network for the same Factime, it's working just fime. Anyone aware of this issue or the fix?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello 8380

There are disconnect issues on IOS that the engineers are working on you would try to lower the power level of the 2.4ghz network in the Advanced wireless settings some people have said this makes a more stable connection for IOS devices.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Aunet

is this happening when you are on the sattellite or the main router or both?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
AUnet
Tutor

on both
Message 3 of 7
AUnet
Tutor

video works good when not on wireless... such as laptop connected by ethernet wire.
Message 4 of 7
Aspirant

I am expereincing the same issues.  Just switched from Linksys in hopes of toublefree wifi, this is very concerning.  NetGear tech support help!

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello 8380

There are disconnect issues on IOS that the engineers are working on you would try to lower the power level of the 2.4ghz network in the Advanced wireless settings some people have said this makes a more stable connection for IOS devices.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
Aspirant

Darren that fixed it.  I tried many other settings but didn't think that the power level would matter.  Thank you very much!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7