Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.60

FURRYe38
Guru

The RBR I have is working nicely on this version. Smiley Very Happy

Message 126 of 249
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

The RBR I have is working nicely on this version. 

I updated from .44 using web GUI and the standard method offered there.  I also cold started both devices afterwards for good measure.  I’ll probably also factory reset at some point as well to see if WiFi performance improves, to clear NVRAM changes I made, and to validate if auto updates are truly fixed.  

Message 127 of 249
jtalcott
Tutor

I’m having similar problems. The system has completely crapped out for any wireless use with 2.3.1.60, after never having a single issue in the last few months with 2.3.2.44. I guess I’ll have to try downgrading...
Message 128 of 249
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jtalcott wrote:
I’m having similar problems. The system has completely crapped out for any wireless use with 2.3.1.60, after never having a single issue in the last few months with 2.3.2.44. I guess I’ll have to try downgrading...

When the wireless crapped out, were you connected to Satellite or Orbit itself? 

Message 129 of 249
jtalcott
Tutor

Orbi itself. The whole system just seems extremely unstable. The satellites connect and disconnect, and that seems to knock everything offline.
Message 130 of 249
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jtalcott, please give this a shot.

Message 131 of 249
jtalcott
Tutor

Thank you, I’ll give that a try as soon as I get back home.
Message 132 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?
Try a full factory reset and setup from scratch on the system after updating to v60.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@jtalcott wrote:

Message 133 of 249
franktribe
Apprentice

So I thought I would see if there was a new firmware today. I was on the Orbi app on my phone. I did a check for firmware update. And there it was .60. I was feeling darning so I clicked update. A few minutes, boom, it’s done. Everything worked. It was clean, easy, and it worked. Very nice. I have an RBR50, and two satellites connected with Ethernet backhaul in both. No issues. Everything just worked. Very nice. I’m impressed with how well things are working now with this model. Love it.
Message 134 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working well. Thank you for letting us know about your experiences. Be sure to save off a new backup config to file for safe keeping.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@franktribe wrote:
So I thought I would see if there was a new firmware today. I was on the Orbi app on my phone. I did a check for firmware update. And there it was .60. I was feeling darning so I clicked update. A few minutes, boom, it’s done. Everything worked. It was clean, easy, and it worked. Very nice. I have an RBR50, and two satellites connected with Ethernet backhaul in both. No issues. Everything just worked. Very nice. I’m impressed with how well things are working now with this model. Love it.

Message 135 of 249
jsturess
Apprentice

@franktribe wrote:

Sounds good for you! We are some in here that have problem with dropping wifi, mayby you also have it,  without knowing about it, due to buffering and so on. Download NetSpot and analyze youre network for 10 min and see.

wifi.JPG

Message 136 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this after a factory reset and setup from scratch? 

Have you testing without all your devices connected to see if same thing happens? 

@jsturess wrote:

@franktribe wrote:

Sounds good for you! We are some in here that have problem with dropping wifi, mayby you also have it,  without knowing about it, due to buffering and so on. Download NetSpot and analyze youre network for 10 min and see.

wifi.JPG

Message 137 of 249
cdnSpinalTap
Guide

I'm having the same issues with 2.3.1.60 - basically dead in the water.  Details in this thread here.

Anyone have additional suggestions?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 138 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Also after doing any resets, besure to not load any saved configuration files from back up. Setup from scratch only.

@cdnSpinalTap wrote:

I'm having the same issues with 2.3.1.60 - basically dead in the water.  Details in this thread here.

Message 139 of 249
jsturess
Apprentice

I had the same problem with .44, ive changed the SSID so no devices were connected, and i turned of all the satellites, but the wifi still dropped on both 2.4 and 5. I have no other devices or neighbor that disturbs. I have tested threee routers, same problem. Netgear is looking into my problem. It has been raised to the developers. 

Message 140 of 249
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@jsturess wrote:

I had the same problem with .44, ive changed the SSID so no devices were connected, and i turned of all the satellites, but the wifi still dropped on both 2.4 and 5. I have no other devices or neighbor that disturbs. I have tested threee routers, same problem. Netgear is looking into my problem. It has been raised to the developers. 

I had to factory reset here. Since you already have a direct support thread, you’ll follow their lead, but did you have an opportunity to do a full factory reset?  Hadn’t seen the question answered. 

Message 141 of 249
jsturess
Apprentice

Yes i did a factory reset on all of the thee routers (no load of configuration), and satellites

Message 142 of 249
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Thank you.
Your setup is pretty complex, so it wouldn’t surprise me if you uncovered a problem. I only have a one satellite and I disabled daisychain for good measure. No streaming or WiFi calling problems.
I am curious about that tool you mentioned and I’ll have a look.
Message 143 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Looks like you have solved your issue here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/2-3-1-60-everything-went-to-crap/td-p/1749892/jump-to/first-un...

@cdnSpinalTap wrote:

Message 144 of 249
cdnSpinalTap
Guide

Yes, thank you.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/2-3-1-60-everything-went-to-crap/td-p/1749892/jump-to/first-un...

@cdnSpinalTap wrote:

Message 145 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save a new backup configuration to file for safe keeping.

Enjoy. 

@cdnSpinalTap wrote:

Yes, thank you.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@cdnSpinalTap wrote:

Message 146 of 249
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jsturess wrote:

... We are some in here that have problem with dropping wifi, mayby you also have it,  without knowing about it, due to buffering and so on.

wifi.JPG

@jsturess wrote:
Download NetSpot and analyze youre network for 10 min and see.

Yes, I second that!

NetSpot Orbi WiFi Analysis.png

Message 147 of 249
Hamstar
Guide

On my Orbi RB50 router with 2 satellites, I am running firmware v2.3.1.48 and v2.2.1.60 was dowloaded and sitting in the status box for the router and both satellites.  I do not want to install that just yet.  How do I prevent that?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 148 of 249
thombe
Apprentice

on rbk50 - in AP mode

For me 2.3.1.60 is still as unstable as the previous few flurries of updates.

I'm really bored of this now.

.210 is still the only one that has really worked well for me. 

Wed night I (again) factory reset, with pin hole and setup from scratch. Only things I change are

AP mode
2.4ghz - ch 6

5ghz - ch 44

enter log file email details.

However i still get lots of disconnections, and the wifi range is still not that great, certainly not as great as .210

After factory reset, when i try to connect to my rbk50 via the android orbi app i just see it as disconnected. This is a new issue.

I have read others get wlan access rejected issues, which I also see... alot..

here is my latest log..

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 20:39:56:59:8f:ee, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 21:51:12

[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 21:12:30

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 21:12:23

[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 20:50:07

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 20:47:58

[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 20:19:59

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 20:18:54

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 04:f1:28:2f:b0:6a, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 20:16:46

[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 16:30:59

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.188, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 16:29:48

[Time synchronized with NTP server] Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:50:28

[remote login] from source 192.168.10.2, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:43:39

[email sent to: 8mundania@gmail.com] Wednesday, May 15, 2019 09

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 149 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

You don't have to update. The updates are just there and available for you. You have to make the update happen. NG no longer forces auto FW updates. 

@Hamstar wrote:

On my Orbi RB50 router with 2 satellites, I am running firmware v2.3.1.48 and v2.2.1.60 was dowloaded and sitting in the status box for the router and both satellites.  I do not want to install that just yet.  How do I prevent that?

Message 150 of 249
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7