Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.60

Gebla
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.60

All you mentioned is tried already, most satellites are wired connected to the router.

It would be good if i can get some log files analyzed to explain why i see 5 ghz errors instead off just trying to fix the issue by asking end users to experiment.

Message 226 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 

How are the satellites connected to the RBR? Directly or thru a LAN swtich?

Daisy Chain needs to be disabled if ethernet connected.

You'd need to factory reset and setup from scratch and use default single SSID configuration to help determine if this is a configuration, FW or HW issue.

@Gebla wrote:
All you mentioned is tried already, most satellites are wired connected to the router.

It would be good if i can get some log files analyzed to explain why i see 5 ghz errors instead off just trying to fix the issue by asking end users to experiment.

Message 227 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

Furry
Gr8sho

Thanks for this recommendations. All is well now. Last night I did have a hiccup on my laptop where it wouldn’t connect but every other device would. At that point I remembered the only thing I didn’t do was switch to AP mode. I did that and everything went down. Switched back to Router mode and all is well.
Message 228 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
Furry
Gr8sho

Thanks for this recommendations. All is well now. Last night I did have a hiccup on my laptop where it wouldn’t connect but every other device would. At that point I remembered the only thing I didn’t do was switch to AP mode. I did that and everything went down. Switched back to Router mode and all is well.

Message 229 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

....and like that back down. I rebooted to check and no dice. About 20 minutes later it popped on and then off. Hmmm....
Message 230 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

And this is with the RBS? Directly connected to the RBR? No switch in the mix? 

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
....and like that back down. I rebooted to check and no dice. About 20 minutes later it popped on and then off. Hmmm....

Message 231 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

I didn’t notice but my Apple TV is hardwired into the rbr and it was the same as my wireless devices. Switch is out of the picture. I also disconnected the Ethernet between the rbr and rbs.
Message 232 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

So the RBR is ok however the RBS is having problems. Just to be sure here. 

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
I didn’t notice but my Apple TV is hardwired into the rbr and it was the same as my wireless devices. Switch is out of the picture. I also disconnected the Ethernet between the rbr and rbs.

Message 233 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

Sorry.

The Apple TV is hardwired into the RBR and disconnected also. Should intake the rbs out of the equation all together?
Message 234 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be a good troubleshooting step. Turn RBS off and test with everything conneted to the RBR. Let us know the results. Hoping you might not see any problems....

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
Sorry.

The Apple TV is hardwired into the RBR and disconnected also. Should intake the rbs out of the equation all together?

Message 235 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

Will do. Just picked up a new one, but not going to open it until I have exhausted all other efforts.

There is a Hurricane bearing down on the gulf coast so not sure I would be able to leave the house to find one later.
Message 236 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Hope things will be ok for you. 

Keep safe. Good Luck. 

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
Will do. Just picked up a new one, but not going to open it until I have exhausted all other efforts.

There is a Hurricane bearing down on the gulf coast so not sure I would be able to leave the house to find one later.

Message 237 of 249
MikeG63
Apprentice

At the risk of being that really annoying Brit, why is it that all the good folks posting on here with issues have eirther a really bizzare set-up / configuration or tinker under the covers.

My system has, on the whole, been rock solid and I have many other manufacturer's peripherals attached.  Seems to me 'KISS' is the way to go here!

Out of all the Orbi systems Netgear sell I wouldn't mind betting that the vast majority work just fine.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 238 of 249

@MikeG63 wrote:

My system has, on the whole, been rock solid and I have many other manufacturer's peripherals attached.  Seems to me 'KISS' is the way to go here!

I'm with you on that one, says another annoying Brit.

The only exception to this is when it is useful to have the Orbi router in AP mode because you have a better router. For example, one with USB ports that supports ReadyShare.

Other than that, leave well alone.

Message 239 of 249
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@Lsuwhodat wrote:

Can you say a little more about your ISP gigabit connection. Who is the supplier and what is the make and model of the modem/router/gateway?

Stay safe from Barry!

Message 240 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

My connection is fiber with the 75/25 package. It is supplied by a local company called Eatel. The Gateway is the last one on this page.https://www.calix.com/platforms/non-exos-premises-systems/p-series.html

Last night I hard wired into the router with the satellite unplugged and off. I reset several times and did the 30-30-30, and it would go through setup but not connect after setup was complete. I could plug the Ethernet from the wall directly into the laptop and it worked. I called my ISP and they reset the system and now it works. I had a few “lags” this morning but so far it has been good. Is there a software I can download that will perhaps help me pinpoint any problems by reviewing history?
Message 241 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you know if this ISP gatway has a built in router there or is it just a pass thru? 

IF the gateway has a router there, try the Orbi in AP mode at some point. 

Sounds like you getting better results. Try pingplotter.com

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
My connection is fiber with the 75/25 package. It is supplied by a local company called Eatel. The Gateway is the last one on this page.https://www.calix.com/platforms/non-exos-premises-systems/p-series.html

Last night I hard wired into the router with the satellite unplugged and off. I reset several times and did the 30-30-30, and it would go through setup but not connect after setup was complete. I could plug the Ethernet from the wall directly into the laptop and it worked. I called my ISP and they reset the system and now it works. I had a few “lags” this morning but so far it has been good. Is there a software I can download that will perhaps help me pinpoint any problems by reviewing history?

Message 242 of 249
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@Lsuwhodat 

I can't tell which device the Orbi is connected to, so please be more specific. 75/20 sounds like you have 75 down and 20Mbps up, so fiber yes but not gigabit.  
And yes indeed the question @FURRYe38  asked is very important, to know and ensure the Orbi isn't fighting with a an upstream router.  

Message 243 of 249

2.3.5.30 is out.

Anyone on this already that had issues and is it more stable?

Message 244 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Loaded yesterday via auto update user selectable upgrade. When online today as main host router. RBS is wired backhaul. No issues seen so far. Internet speeds are to spec. Factory reset and setup from scratch was performed as other testing I did with the system required a reset. 

@petesaunders wrote:

2.3.5.30 is out.

Message 245 of 249

I'm went back to .44 with telnet firmware update lock and it's been up 100% since.
I'm not going to futz with anything for a long time I was just interested to see if this new revision magically fixed it for those experiancing these stupid problems.
@FURRYe38 wrote:

Loaded yesterday via auto update user selectable upgrade. When online today as main host router. RBS is wired backhaul. No issues seen so far. Internet speeds are to spec. Factory reset and setup from scratch was performed as other testing I did with the system required a reset. 

@petesaunders wrote:

2.3.5.30 is out.

Message 246 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

@petesaunders wrote:

I'm went back to .44 with telnet firmware update lock and it's been up 100% since.
I'm not going to futz with anything for a long time I was just interested to see if this new revision magically fixed it for those experiancing these stupid problems.
@FURRYe38 wrote:

@petesaunders wrote:

2.3.5.30 is out.

Message 247 of 249
Lsuwhodat
Aspirant

Update:

The hurricane did not blow me away.

So I unplugged the satellite and set the Orbi up with a fresh install. I even changed the cat going to the Orbi just in case. Went through setup and all went well for about 4 days. After the trial I went ahead and manually uploaded the firmware to the satellite and set it up with wireless backhaul. So far we are on day 4 or so and it’s working smooth. Thanks all!
Message 248 of 249
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad your still around. It's hot were I'm from. Hehe. 

Glad the system is working well now. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Lsuwhodat wrote:
Update:

The hurricane did not blow me away.

So I unplugged the satellite and set the Orbi up with a fresh install. I even changed the cat going to the Orbi just in case. Went through setup and all went well for about 4 days. After the trial I went ahead and manually uploaded the firmware to the satellite and set it up with wireless backhaul. So far we are on day 4 or so and it’s working smooth. Thanks all!

Message 249 of 249
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7