Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware Beta Testing

tdroz1
Aspirant

Orbi Firmware Beta Testing

I'm interested in beta testing Orbi firmware if you're still looking for testers.

Thanks,

Tim

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nice

Most of the folks who do manual firmware updates end up feeling like a beta tester 

Message 2 of 5
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Not just manual updates, but auto-updates prior to v2.3.x where they turned it off.  And we were Alpha testers for v2.5.0.x, which broke just about everybody!  

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can join the beta forum if you like to gain access to it. Contact @Christian_R 

Though there hasn't been any betas for a while for Orbi AC. 

You can also give Voxels FW a try if you like:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1839...

Good Luck. 

@tdroz1 wrote:

I'm interested in beta testing Orbi firmware if you're still looking for testers.

Thanks,

Tim

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@tomschmidt wrote:

Not just manual updates, but auto-updates prior to v2.3.x where they turned it off.  And we were Alpha testers for v2.5.0.x, which broke just about everybody!  

That would be just manual updates TODAY.  Auto is suppose to be those that contain crtical updates and possibly the bugs worked.  And yes I was around when all the whiners complained about NG basically pushing everything. "Oh you broke my system"  Today, it's the same chant, however, now it's the whiner him/herself who only have themselves to blame.

What I've not heard is how any of the whiners today update their system?  The acted as they had some sort of insight of which was the best FW to update to.  Really?  Good luck with that.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7