Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware Not Updating to 2.5.1.16

futureformerlaw
Follower

Orbi Firmware Not Updating to 2.5.1.16

First issue I've had with my Orbi. For some reason, the Wifi has been dropping for the last two weeks....usually for 15-20 seconds at a time. So I figure now might be a good time for an upgrade from 2.3.5.26.

I reboot the router and find there is an update to 2.5.1.16. I begin the process, and the router tells me (via the app) that the update was succesful and that the router would reboot. 

But, I'm still running 2.3.5.26.

Any thoughts?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you download v16 FW files and manually apply them using a wired PC and web browser? 

Update the RBS first then RBR lastly. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK20.aspx#download

Message 2 of 4
euidhawiojp12
Aspirant

I've got an RBK22. Satellite backhaul syncing was a minor problem for me in earlier versions, and has been fixed by 2.5.1.16.

In earlier versions, my reboot sequence was this:

Satellite flashes white, then turns solid blue, then turns solid magenta, then turns solid blue again. Checking the web interface, the satellite had a poor connection on 2.4 GHz, then lost its connection, then regained its connection.

Eventually it would stabilize and work fine, with a 5GHz connection marked "Good," but it took about 10 minutes before the satellite was fully up and functional.

Now, a satellite reboot is up in about a minute, with a "Good" 5 GHz connection.

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Maybe the router didn't reboot. Go to orbilogon.com and force a reboot and see if it corrects itself?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7