Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware Update 2.5.0.40

atanvarno
Guide

That's an amazing statement. .38 appeared as regular stable update, with notification. How can something like that be pushed and be considered non-stable is beyond my understanding.

Message 51 of 61
atanvarno
Guide

Downgraded both my satelites and router to 2.3.5.30 and turned off auto-update through telnet hack. Attached devices display is now back to normal.

Message 52 of 61
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@atanvarno wrote:

That's an amazing statement. .38 appeared as regular stable update, with notification. How can something like that be pushed and be considered non-stable is beyond my understanding.

The real question is how many folks downloaded it on their own when their network was working fine.

Message 53 of 61
pablohoney
Luminary

Can you please advise Netgear directly of this as to how you fixed it by reverting to the previous firmware - email Patrick Lo (CEO) patrick.lo@netgear.com and Mark Merrill (CTO) mark.merrill@netgear.com directly.

Thanks....

Message 54 of 61
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

I installed the firmware 2.5.0.38 on my RBK50. No more available on the website.

i see that the last stable current version is now 2.3.5.34.

What do i do now?

Do I have to go back to avoid further problems ?

And if so, how we do that?

Thanks for your help.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you seeing problems with v38 loaded? Some users didn't see problems. Some did. Some also factory reset and setup from scratch. 

If your not seeing any problems you can stay where your at and wait for the next update to come out, or install v34. 

You can upgrade or downgrade by manually downloading the FW files from NG download web page and manually install the RBS FW first then the RBR. I recommend factory reset and setup from scratch to give the FW a good installation and configuration. Use a wired PC and IE11, Firefox or Opera browsers any time to do this process. 

@Zephyr3200 wrote:

I installed the firmware 2.5.0.38 on my RBK50. No more available on the website.

i see that the last stable current version is now 2.3.5.34.

What do i do now?

Do I have to go back to avoid further problems ?

And if so, how we do that?

Thanks for your help.

Message 56 of 61
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Are you seeing problems with v38 loaded? Some users didn't see problems. Some did. Some also factory reset and setup from scratch. 

If your not seeing any problems you can stay where your at and wait for the next update to come out, or install v34. 

What you meant to say was most had problems with v38 and a factory reset is for lost passwords. If your not seeing any problems, then leave your network alone.

Message 57 of 61
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

My only problem is when i download apps updates over the air on my IPhone for example , Sonos sound stops for a while.
Sonos boost is wired to RBR50 and few Sonos speakers devices are wired as well to RBR50.
I have done all your recommendations including factory reset and setup from scratch. I had that problem on all latest firmwares .
Message 58 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

How are the Sono devices wired to the Orbi, Wired to the RBR or RBS or mixed between them? Doing any app downloads should not cause sonos to stop working if they are wired to the Orbi. 

How many Sonos devices do you have? 

What was last FW version that you know was working for this configuration? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Zephyr3200 wrote:
My only problem is when i download apps updates over the air on my IPhone for example , Sonos sound stops for a while.
Sonos boost is wired to RBR50 and few Sonos speakers devices are wired as well to RBR50.
I have done all your recommendations including factory reset and setup from scratch. I had that problem on all latest firmwares .

Message 59 of 61
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

My Sonos Boost is directly wired to my router RBR50.
I have 15 Sonos devices.
5 of them are wired through Netgear powerlines . One of the powerline is wired directly to my router RBR50.
Nothing is connected to my satellite RBS50.
My ISP is a Videotron modem.

Thanks
Message 60 of 61
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

Part 2 of 2...
It has never worked on my RBK50 system since I bought it :-(...
i contact Sonos support but the only recommendations i got was they did not recommend powerlines but it was the only way to have less interruptions .
Message 61 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 60 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 16 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7