Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Firmware Updates STINK

jarrod2
Follower

Orbi Firmware Updates STINK

2 of the last 4 firmware updates have disconnected my iPad.  they have also disconnected Roku's and made wired connections unreliable...but my main complaint is that a reputable ccompany like Netgear would put out a firmware "upgrade" that disconnects an iPad!!!

I have to imagine that at least 60% of users install this system to improve the speed of their video streaming and wireless experience on Apple devices.  I love Orbi and it's increased capacity and performance, UNTIL it decides to put out a firmware upgrade during Christmas time that brings down my iPads and iPhones and Apple TV's and Roku.

OK, everybody gets one mistake.  No company can survive with a wireess router that won't let an iPad connect...so forgiven.  they'd never do this again.  they'd be stupid to...until MArch rolls around and they decide to break the router again.

I've rolled back to v2.0.0.74 now for a 2nd time in 3 months and all is terrific again, until I am FORCED to upgrade again and can't stop them, as firmware upgrades are not voluntary on the Orbi.

I want this post to serve as

1. A helpful article to anyone else pullin gtheir hair out over the poor performance of their router.  the firmware rollback is really an easy thing that gives back your ORbi web's functionality.

2. To scold whatever project manager engineer is putting out firmware updates without testing them on Apple devices.  I really hope you get reprimanded and lose some sleep over this terrible decision and execution. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Firmware Updates STINK

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements