Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware V2.3.5.30 new Problems Introduced

Orbi Firmware V2.3.5.30 new Problems Introduced

Version Router Firmware Version
V2.3.5.30 software pushed into my router and satellite yesterday.

Now the router is routinely "flashing red" (disconnected) on a regular basis.  Usually when under a moderate load, but sometimes when just idling.

This firmware replaced a previous version which also went offline at random.

This new version was supposed to FIX this problem.  Sadly it didn't.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Was this firmware "pushed" or did you notice that new firmware was available and elected to do the update?

("Automatic updates" was a major issue with previous Orbi firmware, and my understanding was that firmware updates are under the control of the user.)

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Swap LAN cables between the RBR and ISP Modem.

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. Don't enable Circle, Armor, Traffic Meter, QoS or Access Controls, just yet. 

@Chitowndude wrote:

Version Router Firmware Version
V2.3.5.30 software pushed into my router and satellite yesterday.

Now the router is routinely "flashing red" (disconnected) on a regular basis.  Usually when under a moderate load, but sometimes when just idling.

This firmware replaced a previous version which also went offline at random.

This new version was supposed to FIX this problem.  Sadly it didn't.

Message 3 of 7

So you think it's reasonable to have to rebuild my network setup every time Netgear pushes out firmware that they apparently haven't tested properly?

Nope.  I reject that "sensei" advice.  

This firmware continues to experience issues with a previously very, very stable connection.  

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset is a valid troubleshooting step to help resolve some issues. Also saving of backup configuration to file at each new FW update, would also help save you time when factory resets are needed and while trouble shooting. 

No instability issues seen on mine and others as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-Firmware-2-3-5-30/m-p/1777003/highlight/true#M66260

Good Luck. 

@Chitowndude wrote:

So you think it's reasonable to have to rebuild my network setup every time Netgear pushes out firmware that they apparently haven't tested properly?

Nope.  I reject that "sensei" advice.  

This firmware continues to experience issues with a previously very, very stable connection.  

Message 5 of 7

I've ALWAYS saved configuration files.  After I first began having issues with this current firmware, I applied the configuration saved just prior to upgrade.

No difference.

Sure, rebuilding the connection *IS* a valid troubleshooting step - in 2002.  Might as well tell me to reboot my computer, empty my browser cache, and every other "troubleshooting" step from when computing was in its infancy.  It SHOULDN'T be necessary.  

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I agree, however it is necessary sometimes. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7