Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Firmware page shows 2.5.1.16 for router BUT says waiting for connection for Satellites

bhenry
Tutor

Orbi Firmware page shows 2.5.1.16 for router BUT says waiting for connection for Satellites

The downloads page for both my Router and Satellites show the 2.5.1.16 firmware is available.  On the web UI though the orbi just shows a firmware update for the router to 2.5.1.16.  IT shows nothing available as firmware on the satellites - says waiting for connection.  In the manual update settings it shows no check box next to the satellites.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Firmware page shows 2.5.1.16 for router BUT says waiting for connection for Satellites

You can manually update the RBS by logging into there web pages and sending the FW file to the RBS:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Message 2 of 4
bhenry
Tutor

Re: Orbi Firmware page shows 2.5.1.16 for router BUT says waiting for connection for Satellites

So I got one to manually update.  The other keeps giving an error with the password, same admin password as worked on the router and worked on the other satellite.  

I verified the satellite that I manually update is at the 2.5.1.16 firmware but the firmware page in the Orbi page still shows the satellite at 2.5.1.8.

The way the orbi handles these things seems very disorganized and unstructured.  How do they not accurarelty report the firmware.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to use the RBS web page and load the v16 FW file directly using the RBS web page. Connect a wired PC to the back of the RBS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7