Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Firmware update issues RBS40 w/two RBS20 satellites

GoneForRide
Initiate

Orbi Firmware update issues RBS40 w/two RBS20 satellites

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 9.52.50 AM.pngSo, I have the lastest version for the router and one of the satellites, but it fails to update the "office" RBS20. It won't even allow manual update as it only sees the RBR40. Even the latest Orbi App doesn't even see it or says no new firmware available at this time. I left it there for an hour, still not update. I have to say, this product is a waste of time. One of the RBS20, that is GARAGE, is networked via CAT5e and for last several years, NEVER EVER works backhaul but only connects to main via wifi. Yet the Office one is CAT5e connected and shows Ethernet.  I should be able to just IP in or telnet to each satellite and update. 

Lastly, I am worried that I must drop $800 for another new Orbi setup because these are outdated now (but worked fine till this last update).

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Firmware update issues RBS40 w/two RBS20 satellites

Glad you got it updated!

You can always manually update it in the future if you'd like. Just make sure to update the satellites first, then the router. 

You  might mark it solved so others aren't trying to fix it and so they can see what did fix it for you. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
GoneForRide
Initiate

Update: So. It looks like IT DID UPDATE. I manually powered off the satellite (minute off). Then powered on, Then did another firmware check from my iphone app (there was an update to the app !  Well well).

And now the satellite (both RBS20) show correct, latest version.

So, nevermind.  But I will say, don't use Firefox. Instead, I use Chrome (on Mac) as FF hangs there at Firmware check... but not with Chrome. I don't use Safari so that might be an option.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it updated!

You can always manually update it in the future if you'd like. Just make sure to update the satellites first, then the router. 

You  might mark it solved so others aren't trying to fix it and so they can see what did fix it for you. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7