Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi - For the last week the router has been having issues with access control

imoo
Aspirant

Orbi - For the last week the router has been having issues with access control

Router Firmware Version V2.5.0.38

When i try and 'ALLOW' another device my phone ends up getting blocked.  Thr dvice is usually allowed, but my phone is blocked.  I have to turn access control off/on etc, sometimes it soves the issue - sometimes it doesn't - it's really annoying!

Any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi - For the last week the router has been having issues with access control

I suggest rolling back your firmware to V2.3.5.30 or the V2.3.5.34 hot fix.  The V2.5.0.X has been pulled from release by NG due to multiple issues, including device naming.  The device naming issue may be what is causing your access control to be blocking your phone when you intended to block another device.  This bug in the V2.5.0.X release tree scrambles the names up of devices in an unpredictable way, and also prevents you from editing most of the device names and descriptions.  See this thread for more details on the bugs in the V2.5.0.X release.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Netgear-removed-FW-2-5-0-40-Current-2-3-5-38-quot-no-new-fw/td...

@imoo wrote:

When i try and 'ALLOW' another device my phone ends up getting blocked.  Thr dvice is usually allowed, but my phone is blocked.  I have to turn access control off/on etc, sometimes it soves the issue - sometimes it doesn't - it's really annoying!

Any ideas?

View solution in original post

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 9 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

@imoo wrote:

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 10
imoo
Aspirant

No, no factory reset since last up date.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has this option worked for you before the update? 

I would try a reset and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Message 4 of 10
imoo
Aspirant

Yeah, everything was fine before the latest update.

There's a lot of settings to change...

/Sob

Cheers 👍
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset and walk thru the setup wizard. Go in and setup Access controls for your phone only and see if this behavior continues. If it does, you may need to revert back to last working FW version. 

Message 6 of 10
imoo
Aspirant

I'll get on that tomorrow. Amazon prime and chill tonight 😎

Cheers
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

I suggest rolling back your firmware to V2.3.5.30 or the V2.3.5.34 hot fix.  The V2.5.0.X has been pulled from release by NG due to multiple issues, including device naming.  The device naming issue may be what is causing your access control to be blocking your phone when you intended to block another device.  This bug in the V2.5.0.X release tree scrambles the names up of devices in an unpredictable way, and also prevents you from editing most of the device names and descriptions.  See this thread for more details on the bugs in the V2.5.0.X release.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Netgear-removed-FW-2-5-0-40-Current-2-3-5-38-quot-no-new-fw/td...

@imoo wrote:

Any ideas?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 9 of 10
imoo
Aspirant

That's got it. Much better now.

Thanks Tom, and thanks furry, I didn't get round to the factory reset, too lazy, but good idea.

👍👍
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7