Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Hard Reset Crashes - Require Reboot

kenquick
Guide

Orbi Hard Reset Crashes - Require Reboot

Dear Community,

Is it just me or does anyone elses Orbi crash and either reboot or require a hard reset.  I have a medium sized network with 25 devices that are a mix of everything. IOS, IoT, Smarthome, Alexa, etc.

I seem to get frequent reboots and other crashes that go away for days and come back with with multiple crashes.  Sometimes, I will just see the log with a new initialization signalling the reboot.  I am running 1.5.0.12 Firmware.  Problem is not coverage related.  I do run a netgear powerline extender for a xbox in my basement.

Performance is good when it is up. 

There seem to be lots of DHCP requests in the logs.  I see a ARP attack once in a while, plenty of DOS attacks also.

I have had a case open with netgear for 2 months and have not been able to find out the problem and have replaced the units also.  Any guidance or similar problem solving idea would be great. I want to like and keep the Orbi, but my family is almost at the end of their rope.

Seems very hard to troubleshoot because of the hard crashes.  I cannot get into the admin pages and must power cycle the unit.

Thanks for any help

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Hard Reset Crashes - Require Reboot

Hello Kenquick'

I would try removing devices one at a time to see which device could be causing the issue first one I would try is the powerline adapter.

DarrenM 

Message 2 of 3
kenquick
Guide

Re: Orbi Hard Reset Crashes - Require Reboot

Darren,

I am trying your advice.  I will report back. Though I dont have a solution to remove the Powerline Adapter. I will try to make it a Static IP, since I am seeing alot of DHCP logging from that device.

Has anyone else also seen a lot of DHCP request from Apple devices.  Seems like those devices also cause some problems.  I am trying to see if that causes some concerns.

There must be a little better way than remove one device at a time and just wait.  Let me know if you have any other tips.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7