Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Home Selection

Dtatewv
Aspirant

Orbi Home Selection

I apologize in advance but after trying to read through all the documentation I am more confused then I was before I started.

I currently have a RBR40 with 9 satellites connected.  The satellites are a combination of RBS20 and RBW30.

My home is approximately 7200 sqft.

I was thinking of upgrading to a RBK52 series which uses the AC300 in lieu of the AC2200.  It is my understanding that if I do this, I can continue to use my RBW30 satellites, but the RBS20 will not work.

I also am considering upgrading to the AX series.  I am trying to figure out the difference between the different AX series (4200, 6000) and the different kits RBK752, RBK852, RBK853.

Questions:

1. Can you point me to technical docs that explain the differences or give me a break down so I better understand?
  2. Do they make an outside satellite that will work with the AX
  3. Can you confirm that the RBS satellites I have now will NOT work with the AX series?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Home Selection

Wow, you really have 9 RBSs connected to the 1 RBR? Smiley Surprised

All AC RBS series will work with the 50 series RBR. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000038220/What-are-the-hardware-specifications-of-the-available-Orbi-WiFi-Sys...

Be aware the Orbi AC series RBS are not compatible with Orbi AX currently. 

Message 2 of 4
Dtatewv
Aspirant

My setup

Fiber to the home plugged into a Meraki FW, 300 Mbps up/down service.

Meraki as the FW, connected to an RBR40 running V2.3.5.32, (qty 3) RBS20 running version V.2.3.5.30, (qty 6) RBW30 running V.2.3.5.6

RBR in Bridge mode.

So, if I understand your topology, you are running an AX and an AC network.  Are you getting two separate IP’s from the Service Provider? 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. 

Techincally your in AP Mode. Orbi doesn't have a bridge mode.

Yes I am. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7