Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Home Wifi & LA Crosse Weather Station/Alarm Clock 2.4GHz required Resolved!

SamuelLJackson
Follower

Orbi Home Wifi & LA Crosse Weather Station/Alarm Clock 2.4GHz required Resolved!

Just wanted to share how I fixed the 5GHz vs 2.4GHz issue with connecting my home wifi (orbi triband AC3000 1 router 2 satellites) with the new LA Crosse Weather Station Alarm clock that I purchased from Costco for $19.99. I have searched this site and came across how some people were using a temp fix or disabling the 5GHz band but I searched on Youtube and found a tutorial to label/name the separate (hidden) 2.4GHz band.

All credit goes to Peyton on Youtube. I followed the instructions in his how to video and it literally took less than a few minutes to name the 2.4GHz band so it shows up in my available wifi networks and then to run over to the alarm clock to finish the initial set-up process. I kept my 5G network the same name as it has been since I set up my orbi and then just named the 2.4GHz the same but with "2.4GHz" at the end of the network name for easy differentiation.

Here is the link and I hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgVG8rR5o8

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi Home Wifi & LA Crosse Weather Station/Alarm Clock 2.4GHz required Resolved!

Good information. Thank you

Message 2 of 4
DinoBrava
Initiate

Re: Orbi Home Wifi & LA Crosse Weather Station/Alarm Clock 2.4GHz required Resolved!

I could not get my Orbi to connect to my Lacrosse Weather Station for two days. Then I simply walked with my phone down the basement to where my Orbi router is and stood within one foot of the router.  Used the Lacrosse App and was connected within 15 seconds.  I have great coverage with my Orbi and one satellite. Honestly, it is probably overkill in my small ranch style home.  Why going right next to the router is a solution when I have great coverage all over my house makes no sense to me but it worked.  Hope that helps.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SamuelLJackson and @DinoBrava

Thank you for sharing these steps as this will surely help others with a similar problem. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7