Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi IOS Application Failing on IOS 15.0 Beta 2

Art_Masson
Guide

Orbi IOS Application Failing on IOS 15.0 Beta 2

Just for info.  I've just upgraded my Iphone to IOS 15.0 Beta 2.    Realize this isn't supported, but would like the development team to be aware. 

As soon as try to launch the most recent Orbi application no longer runs.  I get an error that WIFI isn't available (but clearly it is and other applications work fine.  Here is a picture of the error screen. IMG_0271.PNG

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Art_Masson
Guide

Problem Solved !  I had to disable "ICloud Private Relay" under WIFI details/settings.  Once I did that, the Orbi App was able to detect the Orbi WIFI network.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 6
Art_Masson
Guide

Thanks...have reposted in the Orbi area. 

Message 3 of 6
Art_Masson
Guide

Problem Solved !  I had to disable "ICloud Private Relay" under WIFI details/settings.  Once I did that, the Orbi App was able to detect the Orbi WIFI network.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Pretty crappy if a "privacy service" does pick up DNS queries intended for local usage but does sent the related traffic to some proxy in the Internet and the fraffic is leaving over some local proxy again ... where it almost certainly won't see any LAN local device like an Orni system. Once more, Apple privacy at it's best ...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7