Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi IOS app, login using Touch ID

ekhalil
Master

Orbi IOS app, login using Touch ID

Orbi app is asking me frequently about my management password. There is an option in the app to use Touch ID but that also requires entering the password every time!! Can I only use Touch ID so I don't need to enter the password again?!!

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi IOS app, login using Touch ID

Thank you @Blanca_O for followng up, The app seems to be working now after the latest update. Previously this was very intermittent. I needed to try many times to get TouchID to work. I'll let you know if I see the issue again. Thanks again,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ekhalil, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

I tested it in our end and was able to login using touch ID and without entering the admin password. The Orbi app version used is 2.2.6.16. Please install the latest app version. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ekhalil, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Thank you @Blanca_O for followng up, The app seems to be working now after the latest update. Previously this was very intermittent. I needed to try many times to get TouchID to work. I'll let you know if I see the issue again. Thanks again,
Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ekhalil,

Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Hawkmoth
Star

I have version 2.2.7.23 of the iOS application. I came here because Touch ID doen't work for me. It I tap the option to login via Touch ID, a dialog comes up asking me to provide my fingerprint, but I am simply returned to the manual login screen where I must enter my passord again. This thread makes it sound like this shouldn't work like that, dating from an even earlier version of the app than the one I have. The App Store shows my version to be the current one.

Help?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

When you get the manual login screen choose cancel and go back and provide your fingerprint, you night need to repeat this a number of times until you succeed.

This happened to me many times in the beginning but now I don't see the login screen at all, it seems that I'm logged in forever! 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7