Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi IOS app won't connect to network

Doctorold
Star

Orbi IOS app won't connect to network

I recently discovered the Orbi app after having had my network setup for some time.  But the app won't connect to the wifi network I've created.  I'm wondering if it's because the name of the network is no longer "Orbi Wifi".  Any ideas/suggestions?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Doctorold 

It should not cause a issue as long as you are connected to that wifi network when using the app.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
gerstein
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  Set up the network and it is working fine but when I try to connect with the app (either the Orbi app or the the Netgear Genie app) it just times ut.  Verified I am on the wifi network from the Orbi and still does not work.  Suggestions?

Message 3 of 8
pwc73mgb
Guide

I am having same issue. Had Orbi for a week and can't connect via phone app. Can via web. Get message network server busy, try again later. If fails constatnly, power cycle. I have power cycle numerous times and still can't get connected. NETGEAR - seems several people have this issue and you have not responded, please help. You make a big thing out of being able to manage via phone.

Message 4 of 8
tmlfan007
Initiate

What I've been able to determine is that the Orbi App WILL NOT work at all if you have IPV6 turned on. If you go into the IPV6 tab, and disable it - the app will once again work. Same problem exists with the Genie app.

Message 5 of 8
pwc73mgb
Guide

I diabled IPV6, power cycled router, and iphone and still can't connect. Prior to getting the Orbi, I had Negear NightHawk R7800 and IPV6 enabled. Never had any issues with Genie app working. App appears to not even be able to connect to Orbi, screen with busy message pops up very quickly. 

Message 6 of 8
Myeviltwin
Initiate

I faced the same issue and was driving me nuts. Disabling iPv6 worked but I didn't want to disable it. But selecting ICMP filtering as Open instead of the default Secured work for me. Also selected overall iPv6 as Autoconfig at the top. 

Message 7 of 8
paperboy
Initiate

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements