Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - Internet Connection Issue with Metronet

kgsmethers
Aspirant

Orbi - Internet Connection Issue with Metronet

I’m suddenly having issues with my Orbi RBR20 connecting to the internet and putting out a WiFi signal. I’ve done power cycles, hard resets, firmware downgrades, nothing appears to be working. Current stats are attached.
Thanks for your help

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi - Internet Connection Issue with Metronet

@kgsmethers wrote:

I’m suddenly having issues with my Orbi RBR20 connecting to the internet and putting out a WiFi signal. I’ve done power cycles, hard resets, firmware downgrades, nothing appears to be working. Current stats are attached.
Thanks for your help

suddenly???

has it ever worked.....how long have you had your Orbi?

Firmware.....did you manually update it recently?

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@kgsmethers wrote:

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@kgsmethers wrote:

I’m suddenly having issues with my Orbi RBR20 connecting to the internet and putting out a WiFi signal. I’ve done power cycles, hard resets, firmware downgrades, nothing appears to be working.

One change that is often recommended is to use one of the public DNS servers rather than the ISP DNS service, such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

This can be done on the Orbi web interface, the "Internet" menu item.

Would you by chance have activated Armor or Disney Circle?

Message 4 of 11
kgsmethers
Aspirant

@Retired_Member
Yes, Power went out last night and then this morning it stopped working. It's been up and running for a few months and I've never had a single issue. I never did an manual update until today when I tried downgrading in firmare (per metronet's suggestion) to see if that would help. All FW updates have been automatic. 
Message 5 of 11
kgsmethers
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 it is the Nokia G-010G-A ONT

Message 6 of 11
kgsmethers
Aspirant

@CrimpOn

I changed the DNS and still having the same issue.

No, I haven’t downloaded Circle or Armor
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

So are both wired and wireless connections not working? 
What exactly are you experiencing when your connected to the Orbi? 

What devices do you have connected? 

Does connecting a wired PC or laptop directly to the ONT work? 

Message 8 of 11
kgsmethers
Aspirant

@FURRYe38

It appears that just wireless connections are not working. If I plug laptop directly into the ONT it works fine. When connected to the Orbi via WiFi Nothing will loaf and iPhone is saying “no internet connection” in WiFi settings. Then that pop up will go away and it’ll appear to be connected but nothing will load.

On the Orbi mobile app it says that the status is online and will let me do a speed test, but that connection doesn’t push across to any other apps.
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

So wired thru the RBR works aswell? 

Do you have RBS connected or just the RBR alone? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router.

Message 10 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@kgsmethers wrote:
@Retired_Member
Yes, Power went out last night and then this morning it stopped working. It's been up and running for a few months and I've never had a single issue. I never did an manual update until today when I tried downgrading in firmare (per metronet's suggestion) to see if that would help. All FW updates have been automatic. 

When power comes back on that can cause a surge 

when you say automatic updates you mean no action on your part?....no clicking?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7