Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Internet Speed Test 1/2 of my R9000

DerekV
Guide

Orbi Internet Speed Test 1/2 of my R9000

I bought an RBK53 at Costco today due to issues I've been having in my house with disconnects and my R9000. Setup with the app did not go smoothly and I reverted to setting up via the browser. I updated the firmware to V2.1.4.10 and after having zero internet due to an odd SSL issue, I restored the Orbi to factory and started over again.

Now that I am through all of those machinations I tested the internet speed and see that I have 409 Mbps on the download which is half of what my R9000 reported (I have midco gigabit).

Am I missing something?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Internet Speed Test 1/2 of my R9000

Is this speed testing of the speedtest app on the router or with a wireless device connected to the router?

What are the wired speeds with a wired PC connected to the router?

If you have 1Gb ISP service, it's recommended to do a factory reset of the router, then set up from scratch and this time, do not enable the onboard speedtest, traffic meter or access controls as these will slow the speed down when on a 1Gb ISP service.

Message 2 of 4
DerekV
Guide

I did the speedtest through the Orbi admin, just like the R9000 admin. I will, yet again, restore defaults and start from scratch. And this time I won't do the speedtest.

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in the most recent firmware? Is beta firmware available to test?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can look at the release notes to see if it was fixed or not.

Current FW is v2.1.4.16 can be found here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1584969/highli...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7