Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - Issue casting Pandora to Sony (chromecast) speakers on Orbi network

bri_ola
Follower

Orbi - Issue casting Pandora to Sony (chromecast) speakers on Orbi network

HI - 

Ever since I installed the Orbi router and satelite in my house (both hardwired) I have had connectivity issues with streaming/casting  my Pandora station to my Sony Chromecast speakers.  Pandora connects to the speakers, plays for a few seconds; then cuts out; then plays for a while longer; then cuts out.. rinse and repeat.    I do not experience the issue when I am just listening to Pandora off my phone.. its only when I try to cast to the sony speakers. 

Prior to the Orbi, I had a Netgear nighthawk wifi router and never experieinced this issue. Any advice (with clear instructions) would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

bri

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi - Issue casting Pandora to Sony (chromecast) speakers on Orbi network

1. Can you please give us some information about your setup like ISP Modem, backhaul, Orbi Mode,...
2. Are you able to stream from other music services like Spotify, Google Music, ....? Is the problem only seen with Pandora?
3. If the answers to number 2 above is yes, yes, then it can be that the Sony Speakers has limitations on the MTU size.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7