Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Keeps disconnecting firmware V2.3.5.32

devan22
Aspirant

Orbi Keeps disconnecting firmware V2.3.5.32

Every night my netgear orbi disconnects and has happened at about the same time each night for the last week. I am posting a new thread because from what I understand this issue around this time last year was largely due to a firmwear update. Any help would be appriciated. 

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
webwude
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Keeps disconnecting firmware V2.3.5.32

How about updating to the latest available firmware 2.5.1.16?

Message 2 of 4
devan22
Aspirant

I searched for an update and it said there were none available so I tried to follow the steps to manually update and when I upload the .img file from the zip it just said update failed check your file.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your downloadeing both files for the RBS and RBR. Unpack the .zip files for each. I would use a wired PC and IE11, Firefox or Opera browsers. You can log into the RBSs web page and upload the RBS FW file directly to the RBS first. Then do the same for the RBR. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

If you can get the files loaded, factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. 

@devan22 wrote:

I searched for an update and it said there were none available so I tried to follow the steps to manually update and when I upload the .img file from the zip it just said update failed check your file.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7