Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi LTE LBR20 on AT&T

WaltO
Tutor

Orbi LTE LBR20 on AT&T

I bought this to replace my Nighthawk M1. My primary internet connection at home is AT&T LTE. I had to go to AT&T store and tell them I replacing my Nighthawk because it was dying and they swapped out my Micro SIM card for a Nano SIM card. No questions asked. Which is great because I am on a older grandfathered Unlimited Data Plus plan. They did not ask for an IMEI of the new Orbi, nor did I even mention the Orbi.
They just added the new Nano SIM card to my to my account associated with the phone line of my old Nighthawk. Came home popped the new sim into the Orbi LTE. I installed the iPhone Orbi App and followed the directions. This is the only place I ran into a problem. The Orbi App kept saying LTE failed. I tried several times to manually enter the APN information and its kept failing. I then just attached my computer to the Orbi wifi and entered in the ip 192.168.1.1 It asked me if I have a smartphone to download the Orbi App, I entered no, then continue. The online web browser version then immediately recognized the Orbi and my LTE network and just connected, it auto configured and then you just go in and personalize network, wifi names and passwords etc... So far my speeds are about twice as fast as the Nighthawk, getting on average of 40-60 down. The LTE signal is stronger as well. I think this will be a solid device for everyday home streaming and gaming. I will post a follow up in a few weeks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi LTE LBR20 on AT&T

Great news. Please marked as solved so others who are having similar issues can see the solution.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Great news. Please marked as solved so others who are having similar issues can see the solution.

Message 2 of 4
CactusHill
Guide

What APN information did you use for AT&T to get it to work?  I have not been able to get it to connect to the AT&T network successfully.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
WaltO
Tutor

I tried them all using the Orbi App.
When I logged into router directly using web browser on my Mac it auto configured and used “broadband” as the APN. I did try “broadband” when I was using the App.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7