Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Login

kdeemer
Tutor

Orbi Login

I have my ORBI configured as a router at address 192.168.1.1. If I go to this address using a Safari browser, I receive a '401 Unauthorized' message, asking for the router's serial number. If I go to this address using my Chrome browser, I'm presented with a popup with a suggested saved username and password. The password is an old one and incorrect. I'm trying to figure out where this popup is coming from. I have purged all passwords from Chrome and instructed it not to save any. I do have a password mamager (1Password), but it doesn't automatically popup with suggestions and, in any case, has the correct password.

Can someone help me to sort this out?

Thanks

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

I would do a reset on the router and connect a wired PC to the router and walk thru the set up wizard at 192.168.1.1 or at orbilogin.com in a web browser. This time write down all information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 4
kdeemer
Tutor

It's a FIOS modem. I ditched the Verizon router and connected the ORBI directly to the modem. And don't get me wrong. I am able to login fine but am tryuing to troubleshoot this situiation that makes me uncomfortable from a security stqandpoint. I can't get Google to stop suggesting the  login username and pasword, even though I have deleted all of them and turned off auto-sign in.

Thanks for you help

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

try a different broswer, IE11, FF or Opera and see...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7