Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Losing wifi connection

FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. Smiley Wink

@kavpaul wrote:

The Linksys Swiitch is NOT managed but I can't be sure about the D Link so I will swap that out for another Linksys unmnagaed switch 

Leave it with me and I can update again 

Message 51 of 67
kavpaul
Guide

Finally got it sorted

I think the Ethernet backhaul over powerline was the issue
Message 52 of 67
kavpaul
Guide

Hi there 

Update below.

Since I took the Orbi's out of ethernet backhaul my problem has been resolved.  My conclusion is that the powerline adapter that I was using for one of the Orbi's ethernet backhaul was the problem.  I have these in wifi backhaul mode now and no issues showing.

Thank you for the help on this.

Message 53 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably not compatible with PLs. Glad you got it figured out.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@kavpaul wrote:

Hi there 

Update below.

Since I took the Orbi's out of ethernet backhaul my problem has been resolved.  My conclusion is that the powerline adapter that I was using for one of the Orbi's ethernet backhaul was the problem.  I have these in wifi backhaul mode now and no issues showing.

Thank you for the help on this.

Message 54 of 67
ovq
Guide
Guide

Can you share which PL model you were using?
I have one PL in my setup as well, but so far it seems to work.
Message 55 of 67
kavpaul
Guide

Hi

The model I was using was the TP Link AC 1200.

Is there much of an advantage using Ethernet backhaul as opposed to WiFi backhaul. My system appears to be running smoothly now over WiFi backhaul
Message 56 of 67
kavpaul
Guide

Sorry correction it is the TP Link AC 1750 model

Message 57 of 67
ovq
Guide
Guide

Interesting. I have the AC 2200, seems to work.

There’s nothing wrong with wireless backhaul, unless your infrastructure allows for having good connections between the Orbi devices. In my setup, there’s no way to do wireless, I am pretty much depending on wired.
Message 58 of 67
kavpaul
Guide

Thank you.

I have a strong connection on the wireless backhaul from what I see on the web app.

I have a 380 meg connection from Virgin so no issues there either.

I’m happy now so I’ll leave well enough alone

Message 59 of 67
nvt
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a persistent and extremely frustrating problem that is not fixed, has nothing to do with android devices or google wifi devices (I have neither)

I have the latest firmware which is set to autoupdate V2.1.4.16

It occurs with random frequency and in some cases lasts for hours

It is not a failure of the actual hard-wired connection as I can see this is still up and working perfectly (Verizon FiOS)

The connection problem is not just limited to the WiFi as the hard wired internet fails as well

The Wifi will connect devices but offers no internet. The satellite systems 

When it occurs the main router reboots on a recurring basis allowing you in for some seconds/few minutes but fails quickly and locks up

The quickest way to reset is to reboot (turn off and on) to bring back access but this does not solve the problem  as the lockup still occurs

I have found no solution to this

Support has been unhelpful - in one case I spent 90 minutes on hold waiting for Second Tier professional support never to be connected and follow up promised that day that never took place until I received a call 2 days later and an email after that

This device is NOT stable and there is no recognition or acceptance by Netgear that there is a problem. Their continued blasting of social media advocating the new age of internet connectivity with Orbi as the solution is going to drag in a whole new set of people to be disappointed - I am now seeking out these posts and responding to warn others off

I am past the 30-day return which leaves me with a dead weight extremely expensive and non-functioning router and wifi system 

Model: SRS60| Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 60 of 67
luisalvaradox
Aspirant

Also happening to me. It's random but with the latest version every other day half of the devices can't connect to the network. They can see it but nothing happens and nothing shows in the logs either.
Message 61 of 67
Fel1963
Aspirant

Same here. I got totally mad. Spend a lot of money for a lousy product
Message 62 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@Fel1963 wrote:
Same here. I got totally mad. Spend a lot of money for a lousy product

Message 63 of 67
Fel1963
Aspirant

Dear Furry,

thank you for your reply. sorry for my late response. i have some questions:

What FW is currently loaded?     = what do you mean with FW; firmware?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?  = What do you mean with MFR and mode #
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration =  Mine modem is also a internet switch
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?   = 350 m2
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials. less then 30 feet.  = The satelites are not the problem

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz. = I do not know were i can manage that
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?  = many!!
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). = i do not know were you can do this? I use the orbi app.

Message 64 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

@Fel1963

What FW is currently loaded?     = what do you mean with FW; firmware? YES, Firmware, whats the version currently loaded on your system?

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?  = What do you mean with MFR and mode #

Who maded your modem and what is the model# of it...

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration =  Mine modem is also a internet switch
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?   = 350 m2
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials. less then 30 feet.  = The satelites are not the problem

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz. = I do not know were i can manage that

Need to log in with a PC and web browser and connect to the Orbi web page at orbilogin.com and look under Basic Tab/Wireless.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?  = many!!

If you have many wifi neighbors near by, this maybe your problem in that the Orbi is encontering interferences. You may need to slower the power setting of the radios from 100% to 75% or 50%. Find this under Advanced tab\Advanced Settings/Wireless

MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). = i do not know were you can do this? I use the orbi app.

Need to log in with a PC and web browser and connect to the Orbi web page at orbilogin.com and look under Basic Tab/Wireless. And also look under Advanced tab\Advanced Settings/Wireless.

Message 65 of 67
Fel1963
Aspirant

Thanks. i will folow your tips this weekend!

Message 66 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?     = what do you mean with FW; firmware? YES, Firmware, whats the version currently loaded on your system?

Who maded your modem and what is the model# of it...

Keep us posted...

@Fel1963 wrote:

Thanks. i will folow your tips this weekend!

Message 67 of 67
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7