Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Lyric disconnects

SRudy
Aspirant

Orbi Lyric disconnects

For some reason I keep getting alerted that my Honeywell Lyric thermostat is disconnected from the internet. I have not had any other issues with Orbi. No other devices drop off. I am using the newest firmware and did a factory reset. I have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas?
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is loaded on the router?

How far away is the device from the router or satellie?

Try disabling these options and see if anything better happens:

Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming?

Message 2 of 6
SRudy
Aspirant

I am currently on 2.1.3. I’ll play with the features but right now beamfoaming is on, fast roam is on and MIMO is off. Daisy chain is also off.

The thermostat is about 15 feet from the router and maybe 20 to a satellite.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Beamforming should be ok enabled. I have mine enabled and my two NEST controllers are working. I do notice sometimes I get disconnections in the mobile app however I check the device and it's connected. Very random though.

Message 4 of 6
SRudy
Aspirant

That’s the frustrating part. It is so random. I get an alert from my app that it is having trouble accessing the internet but then I open the app and it works. I didn’t have this problem until I got the Orbi and I don’t think it is worth disabling the geocaching on my thermostat to use the Orbi.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try it.

Might set up a IP address reservation as well ON the router for the device as well.

Disable IPv6 if it's enabled on the router and see.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7