Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

I bought a new system and now it's working great so far
Message 226 of 762
steve8411
Apprentice

Well, this version is not ready for prime time. 

Again, I’m noticing drops requiring power cycling WiFi only on my iPad to restore connectivity. Also other apple iPads...  

nothing on my other WiFi devices...

Message 227 of 762
diarmuidma
Star

I had issues with this firmware when tried three times until I stuck a router in front of it. It would not stay up more than 2 hours. After setting this to ap mode it has been up days. As router firewall is blocking traffic no more Dos attacks and no more reboots. As far as I see it that is the issue here.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 228 of 762
DScone
Star

No issues for me with the new beta firmware. I have my own and two seperate businesses with the Orbi's as well. 

Message 229 of 762
Sdiver2489
Apprentice

Rainmachine lost connection again...about 2 -3 days after setting up the static IP address. Don't know why it seems very related to time. Definitely seems to be a bug for Netgear to work out.

Message 230 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Something you should collect all debug logs on for your Orbi system then send to NG. One of the Moderators you should make contact with.

@Sdiver2489wrote:

Rainmachine lost connection again...about 2 -3 days after setting up the static IP address. Don't know why it seems very related to time. Definitely seems to be a bug for Netgear to work out.

Message 231 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Was a full factory reset performed on both router and satellite then set up from scratch after installing the beta FW?

@diarmuidmawrote:
I had issues with this firmware when tried three times until I stuck a router in front of it. It would not stay up more than 2 hours. After setting this to ap mode it has been up days. As router firewall is blocking traffic no more Dos attacks and no more reboots. As far as I see it that is the issue here.

Message 232 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Was a full factory reset performend after applying the Beta FW on both router and satellite

@steve8411wrote:

Well, this version is not ready for prime time. 

Again, I’m noticing drops requiring power cycling WiFi only on my iPad to restore connectivity. Also other apple iPads...  

nothing on my other WiFi devices...

? Then set up from scratch?

What iOS versions are you using on the apple devices?

What wireless channels are you using? Try manual 1, 6 or 11.

Try WPA2 and AES only.

Disable the following:

MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming and test.

Message 233 of 762

I am now approaching 7 days with a solid signal. Only issue was my HP printer on 2.4gHz would need to be restarted daily but I just applied a static IP address to it in hopes of fixing that issue. I did manually reset both router and sat prior to installing the last known “safe” firmware which was unstable for me. This one has been good!
Message 234 of 762
diarmuidma
Star

Yes I did a full reset and only worked in the end after switching to ap mode
Message 235 of 762
benj3
Aspirant

Just installed Vers 2.1.3.4 and I am cautiously optimistic. First time my satellite unit has been turned in several months. If it is reasonably stable, I will post kudos for this latest beta firmware.
Message 236 of 762
steve8411
Apprentice

No factroy reset ...

I (like others) dont believe that a factory reset should be a necessity. Especially in my case where I have a long list of port forwarding going on ... 

iOS 10 on an older iPad and 11.x on the rest ...

Message 237 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Glads it working now.

Is there a router in front of the Orbi router?

@diarmuidmawrote:
Yes I did a full reset and only worked in the end after switching to ap mode

Message 238 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do a full factory reset and set up from scratch on both router and satellites. While normal official released FW would follow not resetting, this is a Beta FW which probably has major improvements to the code which needs a good clean slate to start from. Doing a reset allows for the code to be seated well and given a chance to work well. You can do a new configuration to file after setting it up for this version of FW as well for later use.

Others have seen follow on problems after updateing however the problems went away after doing a reset and setup again.

@steve8411wrote:

No factroy reset ...

I (like others) dont believe that a factory reset should be a necessity. Especially in my case where I have a long list of port forwarding going on ... 

iOS 10 on an older iPad and 11.x on the rest ...

Message 239 of 762
diarmuidma
Star

Yes there is a router in front of it wifi has been rock solid since.
Message 240 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

You can use the 1st routers DMZ feature if you want to try using the Orbi in router mode later on.

Enjoy.

@diarmuidmawrote:
Yes there is a router in front of it wifi has been rock solid since.

Message 241 of 762
globespy
Apprentice

I'm at a week and not a single issue with v2.1.3.4

Didn't do any paperclip hard reset.

It just works.

Like others I am seeing what I am assuming are false Dos Attacks in the log?

Would be nice to not have these, anything I can do to get rid of the false positives or know if any of them are real?

I used whois lookup and the IP addresses were from all over the world. So it is a little concerning, but hasn't impacted performance

Message 242 of 762
Stamina11
Aspirant

I am trying to update from V2.1.2.18 to this beta V2.1.3.4 but it only worked on my satellites. When i try to use the same file to update the router i get the following "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product." 

Just curious what i am doing wrong. I did download multiple times and it seems to be working on the satellites.

I am in high hopes that this fixes satellites being disconnected because i am at the end of my rope on this issue.

And i just realized that router is actually a different model number. (facepalm)

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 243 of 762
wchp
Luminary

@Stamina11wrote:

I am trying to update from V2.1.2.18 to this beta V2.1.3.4 but it only worked on my satellites. When i try to use the same file to update the router i get the following "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product." 

Just curious what i am doing wrong. I did download multiple times and it seems to be working on the satellites.

I am in high hopes that this fixes satellites being disconnected because i am at the end of my rope on this issue.

And i just realized that router is actually a different model number. (facepalm)

The router firmware is a differeny file. it will startr with RBR

Message 244 of 762
Brain29
Apprentice

V2.1.3.4 firmware has been good no crashes for a week (used to happen almsot twice a day)

have noticed some *dns dropping(what my software complains about) related lag if mildly (5-10mbs) using more then 5 devices regardless if LAN or WAN ** havent had time to play with it

also have allot of false DoS attack rst scanns from google/amazon/netflix servers sometimes heavy playback lag of videos is created because of it.

Message 245 of 762
varase
Guide

Is this normal for a RBK53 with no daisy-chaining topology, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, and fast roaming?

What are LAN 1 and LAN 2?

I seem to recall LAN 1 and LAN 2 having a value before.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 246 of 762
varase
Guide

Sorry ... previous post timed out as I was trying to replace the picture.

Is this normal for a RBK53 with no daisy-chaining topology, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, and fast roaming?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 247 of 762
wchp
Luminary

@varasewrote:

Sorry ... previous post timed out as I was trying to replace the picture.

LAN 1,2 and 3 are the ethernet ports on the back of the router. According to your attached image, you  have an ethernet/wired network device plugged into LAN 2

Message 248 of 762
jeffholiday
Guide

I have had some DNS issues too. Did a paper clip reset and they stopped. Not sure if that was the difference. A friend of mine on the beta firmware was having dns issues too going to basic sites like gmail would say it couldn’t get there.
Message 249 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

It's highly recommeded to do a factory reset after upgrading FW and set up from scratch. I've seen issues myself and other with just upgrading FW over top of prior FW and having issues. Doing a full factory reset on the entire system after a FW update then setup from scratch resolves these issues. 

@jeffholidaywrote:
I have had some DNS issues too. Did a paper clip reset and they stopped. Not sure if that was the difference. A friend of mine on the beta firmware was having dns issues too going to basic sites like gmail would say it couldn’t get there.

Message 250 of 762
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7