Reply
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Hopefully going forward when updates are pushed, shouldn't need any factory resets and set up from scratch either. Should only be needed as a last troubleshooting step from here on out.

 


@globespy wrote:

I'm probably getting close to a month without having to touch anything!

I'm seeing higher WiFi speeds than often reported by Cat6 wired devices.

 

I have had Google WiFi - garbage.

I had the Velop, which was excellent.

I had avoided the Orbi because of the bad feedback - plus I don't have a great history with Network and their sub-par 90 day tech support among other issues.

 

But this thing is a beast. I don't want to touch the FW - V2.1.3.4 is how this should be and I am hoping because it was a 'beta' that I might be able to avoid any updates.

If it ain't broke.....


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 676 of 762

Betreff: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@FURRYe38 wrote:

You might contact NG support and ask for an RMA, you may have bad HW that FW can't fix.

 


@Planetom wrote:

When will there be a new firmware?

This piece of **bleep** just isn't working

(yes I treid it all several times all configs multiple resets)


 


I will echo what FURRYe38 is stating. I had a lot of problems and just received a new satellite from Netgear, via RMA. I'm hoping it was a hardware issue. All of my issues seemed to stem from the satellite itself and not the router (ie. I could unplug the satellite and not have any issues). The next week or two will be the deciding factor.

Message 677 of 762
Bluegrid
Aspirant

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Hi SkippityDDoodah,

 

Did you test RBR20 with Ethernet connection first? did you get slow result via Ethernet, too?

If you got good result from Ethernet, can you change a wireless client to see if you can get better throughput?

 

Regards,

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 678 of 762
Ulairi
Luminary

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

I've now had one week on the new firmware and my RBK50 has been rock solid. I did a factory reset (which also fixed a speed bottleneck problem in the RBR50) after the upgrade to V2.1.3.4. 

 

I can't say the same about the RBW30, however. That continues to cause disconnects (see this thread) and I've had to turn it off. (of course, it could be the hardware....)

 

So    '10 out of 10' for V.2.1.3.4. (RBR50 and RBS50)

And    '0 out of 10' for V2.1.3.6 (RBW30)

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 679 of 762
turns2stone
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

What are the chances that an upcoming 2.2.x firmware will improve wired backhaul? Because I cannot get this to work, unless the satellites are directly connected to the Orbi router. And my switch/cabling in between the router/satellites has never caused any problems in the past 5 years.

 

Maybe an even more important question: how much improvement have you guys seen going from RBR50->RBS50 Wi-Fi backhaul performance to wired? My Orbis are max 40 feet from each other. Most of my iPhones/iPads/laptops have up to 866Mbps antennas/performance. I can easily get 300-500Mbps (I do have 1Gbps internet service). Going from the 1733Mbps (real world 800Mbps throughput max?) backhaul, to wired Cat6, is it realistic to expect 400-600Mbps Wi-Fi performance on devices that support 866Mbps?

Message 680 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Not really, you maybe already hitting the limits of your wifi devices. Just because they can connect at 866Mb doesn't mean the data can flow that fast as well. Doesn't work like that. Connection rates differ from data flow rates. The Connection rates are just connection rate speeds between the devices and wireless AP/router only. Mfrs have different designes and depending on chips used and implemented, data rates will differ and some are limited by the chips they use or implement. Honestly, is 866Mb data rate really needed on a phone, stop and think, what are you doing one thing at a time on ap phone that would need that kind of bandwidth? FB? text? voice? Nothing on a phone needs that kind of data rate. Streaming compressed video even doesn't need that kind of data rate. Theres many connection however on phones, apps and browsers and all this combine needs some bandwidth. That were the connection rate comes in. Wider connetion rate, more app, video and browser data can share the pipe.

 

My current v2.1.3.x FW has working wired back haul. Zero issues so far.

 

 


@turns2stone wrote:

What are the chances that an upcoming 2.2.x firmware will improve wired backhaul? Because I cannot get this to work, unless the satellites are directly connected to the Orbi router. And my switch/cabling in between the router/satellites has never caused any problems in the past 5 years.

 

Maybe an even more important question: how much improvement have you guys seen going from RBR50->RBS50 Wi-Fi backhaul performance to wired? My Orbis are max 40 feet from each other. Most of my iPhones/iPads/laptops have up to 866Mbps antennas/performance. I can easily get 300-500Mbps (I do have 1Gbps internet service). Going from the 1733Mbps (real world 800Mbps throughput max?) backhaul, to wired Cat6, is it realistic to expect 400-600Mbps Wi-Fi performance on devices that support 866Mbps?


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 681 of 762
wegunterjr
Guide

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

I am having issues with connecting to a VPN. I usually connect to my work VPN using CISCO AnyConnect - I have been able to do it, but I think it was prior to the update.   THoughts?  

 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 682 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

 

If you updated FW v2.1.3.4, was a factory reset and set up performed? if not, please do this and set up from scratch. 


@wegunterjr wrote:

I am having issues with connecting to a VPN. I usually connect to my work VPN using CISCO AnyConnect - I have been able to do it, but I think it was prior to the update.   THoughts?  

 


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 683 of 762
turns2stone
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Not really, you maybe already hitting the limits of your wifi devices. Just because they can connect at 866Mb doesn't mean the data can flow that fast as well. Doesn't work like that. Connection rates differ from data flow rates. The Connection rates are just connection rate speeds between the devices and wireless AP/router only. Mfrs have different designes and depending on chips used and implemented, data rates will differ and some are limited by the chips they use or implement. Honestly, is 866Mb data rate really needed on a phone, stop and think, what are you doing one thing at a time on ap phone that would need that kind of bandwidth? FB? text? voice? Nothing on a phone needs that kind of data rate. Streaming compressed video even doesn't need that kind of data rate. Theres many connection however on phones, apps and browsers and all this combine needs some bandwidth. That were the connection rate comes in. Wider connetion rate, more app, video and browser data can share the pipe.

 

My current v2.1.3.x FW has working wired back haul. Zero issues so far.

 


 


All fair points and I understand about theoretical maximums and other factors. I guess I'm more interested in getting wired backhaul to work because I spend a fair amount of effort putting an Ethernet drop to my satellite locations. Also, I'm just trying to achieve the most consistent performance possible, which I assume Ethernet backhaul would provide.

 

Considering that I can get a satellite to connect via Ethernet backhaul when directly connected to the LAN ports on the RBR50, do you have any final tips for getting it to work before I give up for a while? I've tried establishing the connection directly to the RBR50, then powering off the RBS50 and moving to its real home, but no luck. I've tried (I think) every combination of power cycling the RBS50 with/without the Ethernet cable plugged in.

Message 684 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

IF the satellite wired back haul is working directly conntect to the router with just a LAN cable in between for this test, it should work at its remote location. Only items that would impact this is faulty cabling in between, connectors, or managed switches. Need to rule out each one and try to narrow down where the Satellite is failing when it's placed in his desured remote location...

If you get it working in the temp location directly to the router for wired back haul, then power OFF, place in remote location and power ON, it should connect in the same wired back haul and not need any reconfiguration. Should just work if the cabing and connections are good in between. 

 

Happen to have a long lan cable that you can temporarily run between the router and remote location? 

I can tell you that wired back haul is working in this FW version. 

 


@turns2stone wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Not really, you maybe already hitting the limits of your wifi devices. Just because they can connect at 866Mb doesn't mean the data can flow that fast as well. Doesn't work like that. Connection rates differ from data flow rates. The Connection rates are just connection rate speeds between the devices and wireless AP/router only. Mfrs have different designes and depending on chips used and implemented, data rates will differ and some are limited by the chips they use or implement. Honestly, is 866Mb data rate really needed on a phone, stop and think, what are you doing one thing at a time on ap phone that would need that kind of bandwidth? FB? text? voice? Nothing on a phone needs that kind of data rate. Streaming compressed video even doesn't need that kind of data rate. Theres many connection however on phones, apps and browsers and all this combine needs some bandwidth. That were the connection rate comes in. Wider connetion rate, more app, video and browser data can share the pipe.

 

My current v2.1.3.x FW has working wired back haul. Zero issues so far.

 


 


All fair points and I understand about theoretical maximums and other factors. I guess I'm more interested in getting wired backhaul to work because I spend a fair amount of effort putting an Ethernet drop to my satellite locations. Also, I'm just trying to achieve the most consistent performance possible, which I assume Ethernet backhaul would provide.

 

Considering that I can get a satellite to connect via Ethernet backhaul when directly connected to the LAN ports on the RBR50, do you have any final tips for getting it to work before I give up for a while? I've tried establishing the connection directly to the RBR50, then powering off the RBS50 and moving to its real home, but no luck. I've tried (I think) every combination of power cycling the RBS50 with/without the Ethernet cable plugged in.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 685 of 762
turns2stone
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@FURRYe38 wrote:

IF the satellite wired back haul is working directly conntect to the router with just a LAN cable in between for this test, it should work at its remote location. Only items that would impact this is faulty cabling in between, connectors, or managed switches. Need to rule out each one and try to narrow down where the Satellite is failing when it's placed in his desured remote location...

If you get it working in the temp location directly to the router for wired back haul, then power OFF, place in remote location and power ON, it should connect in the same wired back haul and not need any reconfiguration. Should just work if the cabing and connections are good in between. 

 

Happen to have a long lan cable that you can temporarily run between the router and remote location? 

I can tell you that wired back haul is working in this FW version. 

 


I agree that it *should* work, when I power off the satellite and move it to it's regular location and reconnect Ethernet. Not sure what a long LAN cable to the regular would accomplish? I realize you got it working, and appreciate the help. But based on how just plugging in a LAN cable to a satellite can bring down the whole network, I don't think wired backhaul is very stable at this point.

Message 686 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

How long did you wait before checking the network. 5 minutes should be long enough. 

 

Reason for trying a long cable is to see if remote location with long cable works vs your installed cable infrastructure. 

 

If the Satellite is working directly, then not in it's remote location, this means something in between is a cause or causing the satellite not to work right or mis operate. This points to a cabling problem between the remote location and router. 


@turns2stone wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

IF the satellite wired back haul is working directly conntect to the router with just a LAN cable in between for this test, it should work at its remote location. Only items that would impact this is faulty cabling in between, connectors, or managed switches. Need to rule out each one and try to narrow down where the Satellite is failing when it's placed in his desured remote location...

If you get it working in the temp location directly to the router for wired back haul, then power OFF, place in remote location and power ON, it should connect in the same wired back haul and not need any reconfiguration. Should just work if the cabing and connections are good in between. 

 

Happen to have a long lan cable that you can temporarily run between the router and remote location? 

I can tell you that wired back haul is working in this FW version. 

 


I agree that it *should* work, when I power off the satellite and move it to it's regular location and reconnect Ethernet. Not sure what a long LAN cable to the regular would accomplish? I realize you got it working, and appreciate the help. But based on how just plugging in a LAN cable to a satellite can bring down the whole network, I don't think wired backhaul is very stable at this point.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 687 of 762
turns2stone
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@FURRYe38 wrote:

How long did you wait before checking the network. 5 minutes should be long enough. 

 

Reason for trying a long cable is to see if remote location with long cable works vs your installed cable infrastructure. 

 

If the Satellite is working directly, then not in it's remote location, this means something in between is a cause or causing the satellite not to work right or mis operate. This points to a cabling problem between the remote location and router.  


I waited at least 30 minutes. I guess I still don't understand the long cable suggestion. If it works via a "short" cable, of course it's going to work if I use a 50ft cable and just move the satellite to another room away from the router. 

 

I still hesitate to believe it's a cable issue. I've tried wired backhaul in 3 different rooms, with two different satellites. Other network devices negotiate full duplex 1000Mbp/s when connected to the same LAN jack that I'm attempting to use with the Orbi satellites. I've tried a variety of patch cables, all "new" quality Cat6 cables from Belkin, etc.

 

Also, I forgot to mention.. direct connection of the satellite to to the router does not work 100% of the time. Maybe 50%? Which again is why I think there is something inherent to the firmware that chokes on Ethernet backhaul based on certain circumstances.

Message 688 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

5 minutes is all thats needed after conneting the cable to the satellit. If its longer and your not seeing the BLUE LED at the top, then something is wrong.

 

Long cable should simulate whats in the walls and such. I'm trying to establish with your satellite that it if it works short cable in temp location, it will work in remote location with longer cable. If so then this isn't a satellite or FW issue, this is a in wall infrastructure issue that needs to be reviewed. Cable continuity and connections should be tested and checked fully. 

 

I don't recommend anything Belkin...your choice though. I get most of my cabling from either DeepSurplus or MonoPrice. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 689 of 762
turns2stone
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Long cable should simulate whats in the walls and such. I'm trying to establish with your satellite that it if it works short cable in temp location, it will work in remote location with longer cable. If so then this isn't a satellite or FW issue, this is a in wall infrastructure issue that needs to be reviewed. Cable continuity and connections should be tested and checked fully. 

 

I don't recommend anything Belkin...your choice though. 


OK, fair enough. I have tested cable continuity for all my drops. Belkin is just an example, I have dozens of patch cables, as I'm sure many of us do Smiley Happy

 

I forgot to mention.. direct connection of the satellite to to the router does not work 100% of the time. Maybe 50%? Which again is why I think there is something inherent to the firmware that chokes on Ethernet backhaul based on certain circumstances. Or the backhaul doesn't like going through my switch, in particular.

Message 690 of 762
JustMakeItWork
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Didn't have any issues with AnyConnect  VPN on a Mac when connecting to a corporate network.

Message 691 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Can you post your switch model# again, I don't remember which one you had. Possible that this switch could be an issue. This is one reason for doing the long cable between the router and satellite. 

 

Do you have more then one satellite that you can test with? You might swap satelites if you have more than one to test directly connection stability. It's possible that you have a bad Satellite and or bad router or system entirely aswell. If you can test with a different satellite directly to check stability. IF you seem to find that it's still not working well at this point, I would ask for a full RMA. Have them load up v2.1.3.4 and send a system out to you. 

 

You would need to test the direct connect a bit longer if you have a long cable to see if the remote location exhibits the same 50% issue. Just seems that you are getting more results with direct connect then you not getting any connections with in wall cabling, switch and orinfrastrucure. This points to something in this area. 


@turns2stone wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Long cable should simulate whats in the walls and such. I'm trying to establish with your satellite that it if it works short cable in temp location, it will work in remote location with longer cable. If so then this isn't a satellite or FW issue, this is a in wall infrastructure issue that needs to be reviewed. Cable continuity and connections should be tested and checked fully. 

 

I don't recommend anything Belkin...your choice though. 


OK, fair enough. I have tested cable continuity for all my drops. Belkin is just an example, I have dozens of patch cables, as I'm sure many of us do Smiley Happy

 

I forgot to mention.. direct connection of the satellite to to the router does not work 100% of the time. Maybe 50%? Which again is why I think there is something inherent to the firmware that chokes on Ethernet backhaul based on certain circumstances. Or the backhaul doesn't like going through my switch, in particular.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 692 of 762

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

@AmitR wrote:

BETA MR 2.1.3 software can be found here:  

RBR40: http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=NWHSwvM06n 

That link does not work, or no longer works, whichever.

2.1.2.18 + 2.1.2.2 (RBW30) has been a nightmare.. is there a newer version I can try somewhere, or should I look for an older version?

Message 693 of 762
b1ggjoe
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Hey Everyone,

 

I have a RBK50 system that has been performing flawlessly since the day I installed it. I'm using the following Firmware: V2.1.2.18.

 

Does this Firmware support Ethernet-Backhaul? I haven't tried it yet, so just wanted to ask before I do.

 

Thanks!

 

BJ

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 694 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

It was here however the file was removed:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1533584/highlight/true#M26234

 

Your mest option would be to contact NG support or PM one of the Moderators and ask for v2.1.3.x version for the 40 series model. 


@UnhappyOrbiUser wrote:
@AmitR wrote:

BETA MR 2.1.3 software can be found here:  

RBR40: http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=NWHSwvM06n 

That link does not work, or no longer works, whichever.

2.1.2.18 + 2.1.2.2 (RBW30) has been a nightmare.. is there a newer version I can try somewhere, or should I look for an older version?


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 695 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

V2.1.3.4 supported ethernet back how. Works well. Its recommended after you update to this verions of FW, do a factory reset on both router and satellite(s) then setup from scratch. Some major changes in this version so it needs a clean slate. 


@b1ggjoe wrote:

Hey Everyone,

 

I have a RBK50 system that has been performing flawlessly since the day I installed it. I'm using the following Firmware: V2.1.2.18.

 

Does this Firmware support Ethernet-Backhaul? I haven't tried it yet, so just wanted to ask before I do.

 

Thanks!

 

BJ


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 696 of 762
OutGolfn
Guide

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Wanted to note in this main thread the many issues with Apple HomeKit currently on V 2.1.3.4 and it’s very very bad with iHome Smart plugs. They are constantly switching from unavailable every few minutes.

I know another user Bill started a separate thread and hopefully Netgear has this Apple HomeKit issue fixed/addresses in the next update.
It was not an issue on any of the previous firmwares but V 2.1.3.4 has triggered it for many people with Apple HomeKit in their homes!
Message 697 of 762
b1ggjoe
Apprentice

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

Thank you Sir!! I have a small request:

 

I've seen so many different recommendations and 'recipes' on what is the best thing to do, as well as the specific order in which to do things, when it comes to updating/upgrading Firmware, the Router first vs. Satellites first and etc.

 

Would it be possible for you to throw something together that we can all use as a guide for the best way to perform Firmware upgrades and so forth?

 

Thanks!

 

BJ

Message 698 of 762
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18

You can follow this:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

Moderators seem to want users to use this process.

 

The only thing it doesn't mention is the factory reset and set up from scratch. This is only needed for this version of FW that seems to need a clean slate to start from. NG normal process is to update FW wiith out having to factory reset which I presume will be back to being the normal process upon the next FW update. 


@b1ggjoe wrote:

Thank you Sir!! I have a small request:

 

I've seen so many different recommendations and 'recipes' on what is the best thing to do, as well as the specific order in which to do things, when it comes to updating/upgrading Firmware, the Router first vs. Satellites first and etc.

 

Would it be possible for you to throw something together that we can all use as a guide for the best way to perform Firmware upgrades and so forth?

 

Thanks!

 

BJ


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 699 of 762
RogerSC
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 Update 3/23/18


@b1ggjoe wrote:

Thank you Sir!! I have a small request:

 

I've seen so many different recommendations and 'recipes' on what is the best thing to do, as well as the specific order in which to do things, when it comes to updating/upgrading Firmware, the Router first vs. Satellites first and etc.

 

Would it be possible for you to throw something together that we can all use as a guide for the best way to perform Firmware upgrades and so forth?

 

Thanks!

 

BJ


Note that the Release Notes that are posted with each firmware release have detailed instructions on how to flash the firmware on your Orbi. Satellite first is one thing that Netgear says that stands out if you do a manual flash. It has also been said that if you'll need to do a reset after flashing, that will be put in Netgear's Release Notes for that firmware version. Whether you need to reset or not may depend on what version you're coming from...and even if the Release Notes doesn't mention a reset after flashing, I'll do one if problems arise. First power cycle both units, then reset both units if the power cycle doesn't help. When I do the factory reset, I'll reconfigure the units from scratch...my Orbi is in AP mode, and there isn't a lot of configuration available in AP mode *smile*.

 

Anyways, that's how I learned how to update the Orbi, using the Release Notes, and it has worked well for me *smile*.

Message 700 of 762
Top Contributors
Announcements