Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi MR 2.1 issues update 3/9/18

JMU1998
Luminary

Re: Orbi MR 2.1 issues update 3/9/18

Anyone experiencing issues with wired backhaul in AP mode? 

Message 101 of 126
spewak
Luminary

Yes! Connected devices would drop and not reconect. No bueno....

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 102 of 126
steve8411
Apprentice

We're almost two weeks out .... and the team locked in a closet hasn't produced anything.

I'm going to need paid for pain and suffering from hearing my kids complain about losing internet all the time.

WTH is going on over there?

Message 103 of 126
Chemo29
Guide

@steve8411wrote:

We're almost two weeks out .... and the team locked in a closet hasn't produced anything.

I'm going to need paid for pain and suffering from hearing my kids complain about losing internet all the time.

Maybe they think the issue will be forgot about after time goes by. But, I for one am checking the forums daily. $300 for something that does not function as advertised (old firmware is missing feature sets) is not good business. Can anyone say class action lawsuit??

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 104 of 126
scsista
Aspirant

Hi. I wanted to purchase an orbi last week but looking at all the comments on this forum I am just lost.

I dont need ethernet backhaul nor daisy chain (planning to buy 1 router + 1 satellite combo) and no circles option either.

Just need a dedicated fast connection to work on the router + satellite. If I switch back to version 2.0.1.4 or all the way back to 1.11.0.20 will it work without any issue? 

Please advise.  Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 105 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try what comes loaded on the system first. You can also disable some of the features and see if this helps any:

Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain since you only will be using 1 Satellite and Fast Roaming. 

If you experience any problems, then attempt to downgrade at that time. 

@scsistawrote:

Hi. I wanted to purchase an orbi last week but looking at all the comments on this forum I am just lost.

I dont need ethernet backhaul nor daisy chain (planning to buy 1 router + 1 satellite combo) and no circles option either.

Just need a dedicated fast connection to work on the router + satellite. If I switch back to version 2.0.1.4 or all the way back to 1.11.0.20 will it work without any issue? 

Please advise.  Thanks

Message 106 of 126
egeek84
Guide

This is getting ridiculous now, my wifi is dropping almost 3 times a day now and it is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I'm on V2.1.2.18 with my router and 2 satellites.

I need the BETA software, right now!!!  How do we get it?  I can't deal with this anymore............

Message 107 of 126

Mine started that way and even downgrading to “safe” firmware has not helped despite a full factory reset.
Message 108 of 126
egeek84
Guide

The last firmware dropped too but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.  Now for some reason, over like the past couple weeks, I feel like it happens multiple times daily enough where i've noticed and had to google "Orbi forums" and make an account and come post here....

Message 109 of 126
egeek84
Guide

@Chairman007wrote:
Mine started that way and even downgrading to “safe” firmware has not helped despite a full factory reset.

you're lucky, I once tried installing a 'downgraded' version and it automatically updated me to the lastest firmware on all 3 of my devices.

Message 110 of 126
egeek84
Guide

if anyone can send me a PM with the 2.2 beta, ill even paypal you some money for your troubles.  Yes im THAT desperate.

Message 111 of 126
nicholb
Luminary

@scsistawrote:

Please advise.  Thanks

There's no real way to tell if you'll have problems or not as the cause of the issues is not fully understood. If you want to give it a try make sure you buy from a place that has a good return policy. Chances are you'll work without issues, but if you do get the drop out some here experience you can always return it. 

Message 112 of 126
Joechang
Apprentice

April is coming but still they mentioned “soon” didn’t happen.......
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 113 of 126
Yld2rob
Luminary

I dealt with the issues for over a year. Thank god I purchsed from Costco and they took it back. Went to an eero pro system connected to ethernet and guess what? No more issues. Getting between 350 and 400 Mbps to each client wirelessly. It just works! No more hearing screaming from my son and wife that the internet is down again. Guys, if they have not been able to make a stable router in over a year, they never will. Leave now while you still have your sanity 

Message 114 of 126
Brain29
Apprentice

@steve8411wrote:

2/13 is allot further then 2 weeks. They probally ran out of food and caffeine. Then as they were uploading the patch they did mange to make there network went out. 

t

Message 115 of 126
GTPprix
Star

some of you have way more patience than I do LOL FYI while in poor taste I'm guessing my new Amplifi has been rock freaking solid in AP mode with all 3 of my main cubes on Eth Backhaul 🙂 

Message 116 of 126
egeek84
Guide

I have a little sliver of good news everyone.

A netgear employee messaged me yesterday (Don't want to call out his name so I don't get him in trouble or anything) but he told me that they are "planning a full public release in the next week or so."

At this point, the firmware should be rolled out to everyone by April (hopefully.)

Cross those fingers!

Message 117 of 126
spewak
Luminary

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this solves a huge disconnect problem...

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 118 of 126
klark1kent
Tutor

I literally have stopped using WiFi and just use mobile data. It's pretty terrible
Message 119 of 126
Joe_Beer
Aspirant

Re:  Those posts that are asking for wireless back haul to be turned off when wired is on.   Please let the state of both wired and wireless to be vcustomer controlled.  I for one need both active, due to the layout of my long house, with only on end having structured wiring

Message 120 of 126
Joe_Beer
Aspirant

Its also April, and no updates.  My cut off date to return by Orbis is April 10, so I hope you have a stable release out next week

Message 121 of 126
nbl999
Initiate

In what world is it April?
Message 122 of 126
steve8411
Apprentice

Let's just hope someone at Netgear drops a link here FIRST for the new firmware....

HINT HINT HINT  

Message 123 of 126
vcdx71
Star

I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this system. It was great with the 2.12.18 drop for a few weeks or so, but these last two weeks I'm getting constant disconnects from all my devices, satelites going offline staying in config sync when they reconnect. It's rediculous. WiFi shouldn't be this hard, eero is looking better and better every day..

Message 124 of 126
snesbit
Aspirant

This instability for so long with no real fix is absolutely unnacceptable.  We have 1 router and 2 sats that require rebooting up to 3 times a day.  Netgear needs to do something about this.  Communications with customers needs to be daily. Transparency or refund our devices so we can replace your product with something that works reliably. Stop releasing new stuff till you fix existing products.  

Message 125 of 126
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7