Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Main Router will not Reset

AVance15
Aspirant

Orbi Main Router will not Reset

My main router will not stop blinking white on the top after an update.  I did not update the satellite first.  I was several updates behind and began to mass upload them one after another.  I got to version 1.10 before the router stopped working.  It is blinking white on the top and the power button will not stop blinking red.  I have tried to reset it and holding it in for over a minute without success.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please download v2.0.0.74 files for the RBR and RBS. First update the RBS then the RBR. Once at this version, you can update the RBS directly to v60. You'll need to apply v212 first to the RBR then v60 to the RBR. Once all is at v60 do a factory reset on the entire system and setup from scratch. Use a wired PC for this process. 

@AVance15 wrote:

My main router will not stop blinking white on the top after an update.  I did not update the satellite first.  I was several updates behind and began to mass upload them one after another.  I got to version 1.10 before the router stopped working.  It is blinking white on the top and the power button will not stop blinking red.  I have tried to reset it and holding it in for over a minute without success.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 2 of 6
AVance15
Aspirant

How do you do this if you cannot get wireless from the router? So I need to have Ethernet directly to the pc then how do I update the device?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please be wired with the PC connected to the RBR and or RBS. You can manually update RBS first with a wired PC connected to the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, connect a wired PC, wait about 5 minutes. Use a web browser pointed to 192.168.1.250. Log in with admin and PW is password. Manually send down the RBS v60 FW file. Then update the RBR lastly. AFter applying v2.0.0.74, apply v212, then v60. 

Message 4 of 6
AVance15
Aspirant

I am unable to connect directly to the RBR or RBS.  I do not get any internet connection when connecting (ethernet) to the back of the RBR.  I can get internet access from the RBS using ethernet but I am not connected to the Orbi when I try to login. Is there another way to do this?  

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Connect to your ISP modem directly first with a wired PC and download all the FW files. 
Then connect the wired PC directly to the RBS. Log into it's web page and update the FW on the RBS first. It's web page should be at 192.168.1.250 if you factory reset it andwait for it to come to ready.

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch with a wired PC. Don't have to setup the SSIDs just yet. Find out what version of FW is on the RBR.  What version is loaded currently here? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7