Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh Router

jscrna
Follower

Orbi Mesh Router

Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi 6

I just ordered an Orbi RBK752 to replace a Nigthawk R7000. When I set up the Orbi, I am going to give it the same User Name and Password as the Nighthowk. Will the devices connected to the Nighthawk, automatically connect to the Orbi? I would hate to have to reestablish the connected devices. 

Thanks, Jeffrey

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Router

@jscrna wrote:

Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi 6

I just ordered an Orbi RBK752 to replace a Nigthawk R7000. When I set up the Orbi, I am going to give it the same User Name and Password as the Nighthowk. Will the devices connected to the Nighthawk, automatically connect to the Orbi? I would hate to have to reestablish the connected devices. 

Thanks, Jeffrey

Yes, they will.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@jscrna wrote:

Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi 6

Thanks, Jeffrey

Yes, they will.

Message 2 of 5
Sreyleab
Initiate

Message 3 of 5
PaulHalstead
Aspirant

I will be getting a direct connect fiber (CenturyLink). I want internet only-no cable. It looks like I don't need a CenturyLink modem at all. The "Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiF 6 System (RBK852) would be enough to get WiFi from the active fiber connection. Is this correct???

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to ask your ISP if any kind of modem or gateway router they have may be required first and if not, what is needed to use on the RBR as the internet interface for the ISP service. 

@PaulHalstead wrote:

I will be getting a direct connect fiber (CenturyLink). I want internet only-no cable. It looks like I don't need a CenturyLink modem at all. The "Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiF 6 System (RBK852) would be enough to get WiFi from the active fiber connection. Is this correct???

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7