Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh Wifi Satellite not allowing VPN connection

eeitrend
Follower

Orbi Mesh Wifi Satellite not allowing VPN connection

I'm not able to connect to my work VPN when connected to the satellite through WiFi. I can connect if I hardwire to the satellite. I can connect to the VPN when connected to the Router WiFi. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Wifi Satellite not allowing VPN connection

@eeitrend wrote:

I'm not able to connect to my work VPN when connected to the satellite through WiFi. I can connect if I hardwire to the satellite. I can connect to the VPN when connected to the Router WiFi. 

My VPN software produces a connection log detailing the steps it is going through.  Does yours?

At first glance, I cannot think of anything about how a (Windows laptop?) connects to Orbi (wired, WiFi, router, satellite) could possibly affect VPN software running on the laptop.  Since the ethernet MAC and WiFi MAC are different, the laptop could get a different local IP addres dependiing on how it connects.

Is Access Control turned on?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7