Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh Wifi System and Nanoleaf Light Panels

NPenn89
Follower

Orbi Mesh Wifi System and Nanoleaf Light Panels

Hello, I am new to this forum and not sure I have the equipment selected correctly for this post. According to my Orbi app, I have an RBR750 router. I am trying to connect a set of Nanoleaf Leaf Light panels to my network. The light panels have to connect via my phone to get on the network. The Orbi router constantly pushes my phone to the 5ghz network. The light panels I am trying to connect need to "see" the 2.4 ghz network to connect. This connection process makes my phone the middle man, and since the middle man is stuck on the 5ghz network, the light panels wont connect. I have done some light googling and gone to the IP settings page and tried minimizing the 5ghz signal, but that didn't seem to work. My phone was still stuck on 5ghz. Does anyone have any experience either getting an orbi to display the 2.4ghz SSID separately, pushing an iphone 11 to the 2.4ghz network manually, or connecting nanoleaf light panels to an orbi router?

Thank you. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Wifi System and Nanoleaf Light Panels

@NPenn89 wrote:

I have an RBR750 router. I am trying to connect a set of Nanoleaf Leaf Light panels to my network. The light panels have to connect via my phone to get on the network. The Orbi router constantly pushes my phone to the 5ghz network. The light panels I am trying to connect need to "see" the 2.4 ghz network to connect. This connection process makes my phone the middle man, and since the middle man is stuck on the 5ghz network, the light panels wont connect. I have done some light googling and gone to the IP settings page and tried minimizing the 5ghz signal, but that didn't seem to work. My phone was still stuck on 5ghz. Does anyone have any experience either getting an orbi to display the 2.4ghz SSID separately, pushing an iphone 11 to the 2.4ghz network manually, or connecting nanoleaf light panels to an orbi router?

This seems to indicate that there are several different ways to set up NanoLeaf light panels:

https://nanoleaf.me/en-US/products/nanoleaf-light-panels/get-started/ 

Does the NFC method not work?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7