Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Mini Router RBR40 Not Broadcasting Signal

wilson111
Follower

Orbi Mini Router RBR40 Not Broadcasting Signal

Orbi Mini Router RBR40 is no longer broadcasting signal -- unsure as to the cause.

The only light that turns on when I plug in the power is the green power light – the ring for indicating the router's health does not emit any light.  Unfortunately I had registered my product shortly after purchase and so I no longer have support; I have also just recently passed my 1 year hardware warranty (December 2, 2018 was the end of hardware warranty).

Troubleshooting done:

• Unplug and replug in to power
  • Press and hold "Reset" button for 1 minute (in hopes of factory reset)
  • Press "Sync" button for 1 minute
  • Plugging in ethernet cord directly from laptop (Macbook Pro on macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra): the laptop does not recognize the router at all (from Network Preferences it indicates that there is nothing plugged in)
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You might have someone check the power adapter tip for voltage and amps. Besure it's working. If this isn't cause then probably the RBR unit is bad. 

You might send a forum moderator a PM to see what options are available to you. Ask about an RMA.

@Blanca_O

Message 2 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wilson111

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Patricknew
Aspirant

I, too am having the same issue after a prolonged power outage.   I've tried all of the reboots, etc, but cannot seem to get the thing to do anything but have the green light turn on at the back.  The top never turns colors.  @Blanca_O any ideas?

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support for an RMA...

@Patricknew wrote:

I, too am having the same issue after a prolonged power outage.   I've tried all of the reboots, etc, but cannot seem to get the thing to do anything but have the green light turn on at the back.  The top never turns colors.  @Blanca_O any ideas?

Message 5 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Patricknew

This appears to be a possible hardware problem. 

Do you have a device wired to router? If so, can you please check the Ethernet / Local Area Connection status? Is it saying "Network cable unplugged"? "Unidentified Network"? "Not Connected"? 

Can you still access the router settings page? When did the issue start? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 8
Patricknew
Aspirant

I’ve tried hooking up a computer via Ethernet and I still cannot access the settings of the router. I’ve tried factory resetting it per the support pages - the green light next to the power cable never turns Amber and the ring will never light up. This all began yesterday after a power outage that lasted 4 hours. Thanks!
Message 7 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Patricknew

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats