Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mini Router RBR40 - Set up as AP to RBR50

Noroddveien
Apprentice

Orbi Mini Router RBR40 - Set up as AP to RBR50

Hi,

I have an Orbi AC3000 wifi sytem which includes the RBR50 router, RBS50 satelite, RBS50Y satelite and RBW30 satelite (see photo). I´m trying to set up a supplemental RBR40 router as a simple AP (as I understand it cannot function as a satelite). Once the RBR40 was set up as an AP, it also starts interfering with my already connected satelites. I had to reset all satelites for reconnection to my RBR50 router. I just want the RBR40 to function a a simple straighforward AP and no wifi connection to satelites. Help - any advice?

Message 1 of 3
PatrycjaG
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Mini Router RBR40 - Set up as AP to RBR50

Bonjour @Noroddveien,

Afin que les autres utilisateurs du forum puissent avoir accès à votre message, pourriez-vous le réécrire en français ?

Je vous remercie de votre compréhension.

Bonne journée,

Patrycja

Equipe Netgear

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Mini Router RBR40 - Set up as AP to RBR50

Be sure to see a different SSID name from the RBR50 on the RBR40. 

Be sure that the wifi channels are far appart as well, i.e. RBR50 set to channel 11 and the RBR40 set to channel 1. Same for 5Ghz. 

Be sure the distance in between the RBR40 and the other RBS are 30 feet or more. 

Also turn down the power output of the RBR40 from 100% to 50 or 25%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@Noroddveien wrote:

Hi,

I have an Orbi AC3000 wifi sytem which includes the RBR50 router, RBS50 satelite, RBS50Y satelite and RBW30 satelite (see photo). I´m trying to set up a supplemental RBR40 router as a simple AP (as I understand it cannot function as a satelite). Once the RBR40 was set up as an AP, it also starts interfering with my already connected satelites. I had to reset all satelites for reconnection to my RBR50 router. I just want the RBR40 to function a a simple straighforward AP and no wifi connection to satelites. Help - any advice?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7