Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Model RBR40 flashing white

Gksntn
Follower

Orbi Model RBR40 flashing white

I have an Xfinity router that is working and has internet service. My Orbi router has been great for months but started flashing white yesterday. I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in. The Orbi router isn’t showing up in my Wi-FI options and continues flashing white. How do I fix it?
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Model RBR40 flashing white

Netgear has a web page explaining what the Orbi "Ring LED Lights" indicate: https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

This seems to indicate that the Orbi router is either (a) updating firmware, or (b) is in "factory default mode".  When you mention "plug and unplug", was the the electrical power or the ethernet cable to the modem?

I believe what most people would recommend is forcing a reset and reconfiguring the Orbi router.  Stick the end of a paperclip into the tiny "reset" hole next to the power plug and hold it until the power LED turns amber, and then begins to flash.  This will reset the Orbi to "the way it came out of the box", except with whatever is the latest firmware.  i.e. the WiFi name and password will be what is printed on the label on the router. The administrative login will be "admin" and "password."

Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi Model RBR40 flashing white

...and with another router on the network you may want to put the Orbi router into access point mode.

Maybe you did that already, but a factory reset will put it back into router mode.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7