Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi NETGEAR-Guest wont turn off

Nicarus
Tutor

Orbi NETGEAR-Guest wont turn off

I just set up an Orbi RBK50 network using the Orbi as modem and router with 3 satellites. All good. 

Somehow I have a guest network called NETGEAR-Guest,  that I just cannot get rid of. I have used the Orbi app and the browser interface and have tried switching the network on, switching its name and security settings and obviously turning it off numerous times.

Each time I wait for a reset and each time the network persists. Even with the web interface and the app or showing it is switched off (and with the SSID selected as not showing) it is still visible and I can log straight on.

Anyone got any ideas how I can deactivate this most resilient Wi-Fi network have ever encountered.?

Thanks

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi NETGEAR-Guest wont turn off

@Nicarus wrote:

I just set up an Orbi RBK50 network using the Orbi as modem and router with 3 satellites. All good. 

Somehow I have a guest network called NETGEAR-Guest,  that I just cannot get rid of. I have used the Orbi app and the browser interface and have tried switching the network on, switching its name and security settings and obviously turning it off numerous times.

Each time I wait for a reset and each time the network persists. Even with the web interface and the app or showing it is switched off (and with the SSID selected as not showing) it is still visible and I can log straight on.

Anyone got any ideas how I can deactivate this most resilient Wi-Fi network have ever encountered.?

Thanks

I had the same issue last weekend.  The network had no access to the LAN or WAN though.  The rogue guest network was coming from one of the satellites.  Turning the satellite OFF and back ON solved the problem.  Try that.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using to manage the routers web page? Try IE11, FF or Opera

Has a factory reset been performed then set up from scratch? 

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Message 2 of 7
Nicarus
Tutor

Great, certainly lots to try there, thanks.

A few bits I can answer now.  FW presumably latest, it checked for updates on setup, will check.

Orbi is doing role of modem and router.  It is plugged directly into a fiber ONT and works perfectly.

Browser was Safari but will try FF tonight. 

Will start with full reset and establish all again from scratch.

Will look for Daisy Chain and try that next.

Many thanks, will update here either way.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what the Mfr and model# is of the ONT please. Is there a built in router here by chance? 

The Orbi would only be doing routing and NAT duties. No modem built in to the RBR here. 

Let us know how it goes...

Message 4 of 7
st_shaw
Master

@Nicarus wrote:

Thanks

I had the same issue last weekend.  The network had no access to the LAN or WAN though.  The rogue guest network was coming from one of the satellites.  Turning the satellite OFF and back ON solved the problem.  Try that.

Message 5 of 7
Nicarus
Tutor

Yup that did it. Powerdown and restart the system and it is all gone.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Great to hear. Thanks for lettings us know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7