Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi - Need help to reset admin password

Acmac
Initiate

Orbi - Need help to reset admin password

Hello,

I am worried that my orbi may have been hacked : the admin/password I have are not recognized by the system (and therefore I cannot have access to the parameters), and the security questions make no sense (asking the name of my younger brother, that I don't have...).

I tried doing a hard reset on the main one with the two satellites off, but it did not change anything : the wifi network was not reset, neither was the admin password.

What should I do?

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Acmac
Initiate

Problem solved ! Actually my hard reset was not hard enough : it should be specified that you have to keep the reset switch pinned on for 15-20 seconds, until the led becomes solid green. (goes through 2 cycles of orange before that).

I hope this helps if someone has the same issue as me in the future 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Acmac
Initiate

Problem solved ! Actually my hard reset was not hard enough : it should be specified that you have to keep the reset switch pinned on for 15-20 seconds, until the led becomes solid green. (goes through 2 cycles of orange before that).

I hope this helps if someone has the same issue as me in the future 🙂

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7