Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Network in Multiple Locations (residences)

seachellemz
Aspirant

Orbi Network in Multiple Locations (residences)

I have two separate residences where I have a deployed an Orbi Mesh Network in each.  My question is how can I remotely manage/administer each of them using the app.  Does this require that I set up two separate email accounts/logins to Netgear and switch back and forth between those two ID's or is there a more elegant way to handle this?  

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Should be possible. 

Message 2 of 7
ekhalil
Master

You can manage multiple products using the Orbi app.
Once you setup the first system, you can go to >> Home >> NEW SETUP and add the second system.
You can switch between the systems by selecting >> Home >> my products where you should see all your systems.
Message 3 of 7
seachellemz
Aspirant

Awesome...very helpful.  One follow-up.  I currently have both networks already set up.  I am in residence-2 and have connected the Orbi app to it.  I am no longer in residence-1, but the Orbi was set up prior to my leaving there.  So....both networks are up and running.  Is there a way I can gain access to residence-1 given that I am remote from it and did not follow the steps you outlined in your response.

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Have you used the same app to setup both systems?
Have you registered both systems using the same netgear account?
Now that you’re at residence 2, open the app and select the home sign on the top left corner, then select "your products" in the row just under the top Orbi sign.
Do you see your products there?
To enable remote management using the app, go to Settings. In the app for every system and enable Remote Management.

Message 5 of 7
seachellemz
Aspirant

Got it...thank you.  One final question.  Is there a way I can provide a unique name for each of those locations so that is what shows up in the list of my locations.  Today it shows up as the Orbi names.  I see that I can edit the router name in settings, but that is not the name that shows up in the list....it still just shows the default names of Orbixxx.

Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

I don’t think there’s a way to rename the systems to something that you can see in the app, unfortunately 😞
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7