Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi No internet

Hallc234
Aspirant

Orbi No internet

Woke up today to no internet!
Called Xfinity and they confirmed cable modem is getting signal and passing it thru ethernet cable to the orbi router. 3 backhaul wires from router to satelites are not working and wireless from router is not working.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi No internet

Have you tried to power cycle the modem and all of your orbi units could be some type of Ip conflict happening.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Mfr and model# modem do you have? Any built in router here by chance?

@Hallc234 wrote:

Woke up today to no internet!
Called Xfinity and they confirmed cable modem is getting signal and passing it thru ethernet cable to the orbi router. 3 backhaul wires from router to satelites are not working and wireless from router is not working.

Message 3 of 8
Hallc234
Aspirant

I had installed with router using wire connections to 2 satellites and then wireless from satellites to items. I had to disconnect the wires from router to satellites and reboot and then it worked. But when I plugged back in the wires it failed again. I am now running totally wireless but am finding I have to keep rebooting the router because it randomly just stops working.
Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 4 of 8
Jgobble
Tutor

This is what I am going through..

Almost daily reboots of the router unit. That (sometimes) doesn't fix it ... and I must reboot the SB6183 modem (via XFinity)...then reboot the router. Then it comes up.

The entire time this happens I can get to my hardwired mac mini from my wireless devices...just not the internet...by IP or by domain name.

FIX THIS!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on both router and satellite and set up from scratch.

@Jgobble wrote:

This is what I am going through..

Almost daily reboots of the router unit. That (sometimes) doesn't fix it ... and I must reboot the SB6183 modem (via XFinity)...then reboot the router. Then it comes up.

The entire time this happens I can get to my hardwired mac mini from my wireless devices...just not the internet...by IP or by domain name.

FIX THIS!

Message 6 of 8
Jgobble
Tutor

This would be a good idea if I had not gone through almost an hour of entering all my MACADDR->STATIC IP mappings and done port forwarding changes too...

Do you mean do a factory reset and then re-upload my saved settings? Otherwise I just can’t see doing this...every time the orbi fails.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Just to see if from scratch fixes anything, then if so, try too apply a saved configuration from file.

@Jgobble wrote:

This would be a good idea if I had not gone through almost an hour of entering all my MACADDR->STATIC IP mappings and done port forwarding changes too...

Do you mean do a factory reset and then re-upload my saved settings? Otherwise I just can’t see doing this...every time the orbi fails.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7