Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Not Connecting to Spectrum (TWC) Modem

Jeff19661
Aspirant

Orbi Not Connecting to Spectrum (TWC) Modem

This seems like it should be easy, but I can't get the Orbi to work with the Spectrum (Time Warner Cable) modem I have.  It's an ARRIS modem.  I shut the modem down, unplugged everything, rebooted the modem, connected the Orbi to the modem by ethernet cable, plugged in power to Orbi, did the same for the Orbi Satellite, and going through the Orbi setup, it can't connect.  Internet is working because I still have my computer plugged into my previous Linksys box.  Only option it's giving me is to go to advanced options and select Static, PPPoE, or PPTP connection methods, which I have no idea.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Unless you know how to set your Arris into bridge mode, setup Orbi in Access Point mode.

Connect the Yellow Internet port on the Orbi router to a LAN port on your Arris. Connect to Orbi using a web broswer and log into the admin GUI.  Set Orbi to Access Point mode.

Message 2 of 6
pprior
Aspirant

I don't understand you say you've got a linksys box providing internet - what is it connected to?  try another ethernet cable - you should just be able to run it from the output of your cable modem to the input on the orbi router.

If you've got a time warner combo router/modem make sure you've turned off the routing function.  If it's just a pure modem (I'm on spectrum but bought my own modem years ago) there should be no issue.

Message 3 of 6
Jeff19661
Aspirant

That's exactly what I have done, the Orbi web browser and App setup tool say that it's not connected

Message 4 of 6
Jeff19661
Aspirant

The Linksys is connected to the TWC modem, and has been working for years.  I'm replacing the Linksys with the Orbi, so I have the Orbi connected to the same TWC modem and it won't connect to the internet.  I was just saying that there is not a problem with my internet connection or TWC router becasue the old Linksys box is working still

Message 5 of 6
thedak
Apprentice

@Jeff19661 wrote:

The Linksys is connected to the TWC modem, and has been working for years.  I'm replacing the Linksys with the Orbi, so I have the Orbi connected to the same TWC modem and it won't connect to the internet.  I was just saying that there is not a problem with my internet connection or TWC router becasue the old Linksys box is working still

You should unplug the Linksys router and plug the Orbi into the same port the Linksys was plugged into.  You then need to power cycle your TWC cable modem.  The modem is bound to the MAC address of the original Linksys and will not recognize another device until it is power cycled.   As said above, if the TWC modem is a modem/router combo, you need to either (1) put it into bridge mode, or (2) setup the orbi in AP mode

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7