Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi + OpenVPN = 1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol & 2. WARNING: No server certificate....

PeteWalker74
Aspirant

Orbi + OpenVPN = 1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol & 2. WARNING: No server certificate....

I'm trying to setup the VPN via OpenVPN and the windows client.  All is good on the router side, but within Windows, I'm getting two messages, while the VPN is constantly in "Reconnecting" state.

1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol

2. WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.

Please advise how I correct these errors.  Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
PeteWalker74
Aspirant

Re: Orbi + OpenVPN = 1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol & 2. WARNING: No server certifica

Can I get an answer on this please, Netgear support?

Message 2 of 5
PeteWalker74
Aspirant

Re: Orbi + OpenVPN = 1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol & 2. WARNING: No server certifica

Still no response.  I get it's the holidays now, but his has been out there for weeks with no response.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi + OpenVPN = 1. Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol & 2. WARNING: No server certificat...

You may want to check out this KB make sure you didnt miss anything.

https://kb.netgear.com/23854/How-do-I-use-the-VPN-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router-with-my-Windows-cli...

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
PeteWalker74
Aspirant

Thanks, Darren.  I followed those directions, which got me to where I'm at.  Any other advice, that addresses the errors I'm receiving?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7