Re: Orbi Outdoor RBS50Y sync problem

zmaier
Aspirant

Orbi Outdoor RBS50Y sync problem

Hello,

i try to sync an outdoor Sat RBS50Y with my router (SRR60), but no change. The satellite is not syncing.

I tried to

sync via the router web interface

sync via button on the back

hard reset the satellite and tried to sync after that 

But everytime without success.

The Led on the bottom of the satellite is pulsing white at the beginning and after about 2min the led turns off.

I am out of ideas, any other, maybe hidden tricks, to sync both devices with success?

many thanks,

regards

Martin

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MarkRamos
Aspirant

Having Same type issue. Trying to synch my new RBS50Y outdoor unit with my RBR50. I plugged in the RBS50Y in a bathroom right outside the room where the RBR50 is located and started the synch process, though it never stopped flashing on the bottom, so I eventually unplugged it and plugged it in right next to the RBR50 but still this not work..

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
MarkRamos
Aspirant

Having Same type issue. Trying to synch my new RBS50Y outdoor unit with my RBR50. I plugged in the RBS50Y in a bathroom right outside the room where the RBR50 is located and started the synch process, though it never stopped flashing on the bottom, so I eventually unplugged it and plugged it in right next to the RBR50 but still this not work..

Message 2 of 5
pdeethardt
Apprentice

I had a similar issue getting my RBS40V to sync awhile back. I tried multiple things like having it in the same room as the router, doing multiple factory resets, etc. I was finally able to get it to work by rebooting my router, then trying to sync again. After that it worked as expected. Maybe give that a try if nothing else seems to be working.

Message 3 of 5
MarkRamos
Aspirant

@MarkRamos wrote:  Monkey App

Having Same type issue. Trying to synch my new RBS50Y outdoor unit with my RBR50. I plugged in the RBS50Y in a bathroom right outside the room where the RBR50 is located and started the synch process, though it never stopped flashing on the bottom, so I eventually unplugged it and plugged it in right next to the RBR50 but still this not work..

Yes. Remove it from the web admin and then use a paperclip to hard reset it. Give it 5 Mon after boot and then re-add it.

Message 4 of 5
zmaier
Aspirant

Did not work, router and satellite are next to each other. No chanche to sync both.

Rebooting the router and hard rest on the satellite, both also not working.

I am done with netgear, i will change my setup to a TP-Link Omada installation.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E