Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Parental Controls - Time Limits - Do you have to use Disney Circle ?

strictmachine
Initiate

Orbi Parental Controls - Time Limits - Do you have to use Disney Circle ?

I'm thinking of buying the Orbi RBK50 but would like to know if you have to use the Disney Circle to control time limits or are you able to log in via a browser to the Orbi and set up time limits via the admin panel ?

From what I can see, you have to use Disney Circle and you can only set time limits if you subscribe to the premium version, which sucks. I don't want to pay a monthly amount just to use this functionality.

I would be grateful if anyone could confirm this.

Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Parental Controls - Time Limits - Do you have to use Disney Circle ?

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @strictmachine

The parental control on the Orbi admin page does not allow the user to set time limits. Disney Circle offers the feature to set time limits. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 7
strictmachine
Initiate

Thank you for your reply.

And it's the premium paid for version of Disney Circle that is required ?

Message 4 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@strictmachine

Sure thing! And that is correct, a premium subscription would be required to have the time limit feature included. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 7
Donnielue123
Aspirant

I've had my Orbi for over a year and am just revisiting the parental controls. I am pretty sure I was able to set up time limits before, but now it seems users are forced into paying for Disney's Circle app to get time control functionality. Is this true? And am I correct that this was previously included in the parental control function on the router, or through openDNS before?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Donnielue123 wrote:

I've had my Orbi for over a year and am just revisiting the parental controls. I am pretty sure I was able to set up time limits before, but now it seems users are forced into paying for Disney's Circle app to get time control functionality. Is this true? And am I correct that this was previously included in the parental control function on the router, or through openDNS before?

If you want the "Time Limits" feature you need to use Circle with the Premium subscription.

On the other hand you can configure "access time schedules" on Orbi, if this is what you want then please have a look here how you can set this up: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBK-50-AC3000-Access-rules/m-p/1689441/highlight/true#M49...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7