Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Password Reset

VicenteA
Follower

Orbi Password Reset

So I set up my Orbi and connected by Laptop and Cell Phone.  But, when I wrote down my password, i must've gone one or two characters wrong, so I need to re-set the PW just for the Orbi.  How can I do this without having to reset to factory settings?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Password Reset

Did you walk thru the setup wizard and enter in recovery questions asked from you to help you recover the log in PW? Have you tried entering in the current PW a few times then the recovery web page will be seen and walk thru this? 

If you haven't done the recovery questions, you'll need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard and this time write down all important information for safe keeping and use later on. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Password Reset

@FURRYe38is correct.  I found the Password Recovery a bit tricky.  Having to be rejected three times in a row was not intuitive to me.  And, I discovered that setting up the Password Recovery was not as intuitive as I had hoped.  Maybe I am mistaken (it has been several months), but I believe that during setup the user has to actually "Pull Down" the question menu before entering the recovery information.  i.e. the top item might be something like, "First school attended", but simply filling in the blank space didn't work.  I had to hit the "pull down" symbol, select the top item, and then fill in the blank space.  It works.  It really does.  BUT, only if it got set up correctly.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7