Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Port Forwarding

mmarty
Aspirant

Orbi Port Forwarding

Hello!

I'm having trouble logging into my router online to forward a port I absolutely need forwarded by tomorrow morning! I have done it in the past no problem, but have been going around in circles for two hours. orbilogin.com is where I have gone before for the admin login - that seems to have changed completely and I can't get into the back end. It's just a simple customer page. I've also tried the the two recommended IP addresses: http://192.168.1.1 and http:10.0.0.1 - to no avail. Also found orbilogin-com.net but pretty sure that's a scam.

Why can't we just forward ports on the app??

Can anyone help? 

Thank you!

mmarty

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Port Forwarding

@mmarty wrote:

Why can't we just forward ports on the app??

Because the 'app' is not designed to handle any 'Advanced Setup' items.  It cannot forward ports.

On the device you are using to access the Orbi web administration, look in Network Settings to find the IP address of the 'Gateway'.  That will be the Orbi router.  Yes, the default is 192.168.1.1 and if that is not available the router usually selects 10.0.0.1.  The only way to "find the router" is to find the gateway IP address.

On a Windows computer the easiest method is to open a command window and type the command:

ipconfig /all

Message 2 of 4
mmarty
Aspirant

@CrimpOn Thank you for the info - I've just managed to login via 10.0.0.1 on a different computer - I guess perhaps my desktop's firewall settings were too high? 

Anyhow - all sorted! Two hours of my life on this...lol. Time for a stiff drink.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@mmarty wrote:

I guess perhaps my desktop's firewall settings were too high? 

More likely something stuck in the browser cache.  Windows firewall is not going to block responses from a browser request.

Speaking of stiff drink.... I'm in!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7